She gave her complete attention to the ice cream until his soft hum caught her attention. She didn't dare look up at him, lest he stopped doing it. His voice was deep and angelic, humming along to a forlorn music. She must have looked like she was choking on her spoon because he abruptly stopped crooning and asked her what was wrong.

Kira shook her head. "I didn't know you could sing."

"Oh. That." He said, shyly hiding his face. Clearly, this guy hasn't been using his talent to its full potential.

"Sing again! That was so good." She encouraged. He shook his head vigorously saying that he didn't even know that he was singing. His phone rang and he relied in an excited voice.

"We have to go. Jungkook's out. This is our chance to decorate the house." He said hurriedly. Welp, there goes her chance at having lunch.

As clichéd and unoriginal as it seemed, to have a surprise party on someone's birthday, Taehyung was confident this would work. Apparently most of their previous birthdays were celebrated, lying wasted in an unknown place. He wanted to throw a proper party for a change.

By late evening, the place looked pretty, thanks to additional help from Namjoon, Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jin. Balloons were littered around the place, huge ribbons were tied prettily, food and alcohol was available in large amounts; and ultimately, it looked like a typical birthday party.

A lot of people whom Kira identified as Jungkook's friends started piling in. They all yelled out greetings when Jungkook entered the house and he looked startled for a long time. As Taehyung looked busy chatting away with the guests, Kira decided to hit up the food section. Junk food lined the table and Kira sighed in dismay. As much as she loved burgers, she was in no mood to eat those.

After what seemed like eternity of boredom, Taehyung approached her and smiled at her glum face. He looked at her as if seeing her for the first time in a long while. For a moment he looked clueless, eyeing her flowy pink lace dress that ended at her knees. He said something but Kira couldn't hear him over the loud music. Dancing people seemed to bump on to them frequently too.

Taehyung ended up pulling her to his room. "Peace." He breathed as the music was limited to muffled beats within the walls.

"You're wearing a dress. A pink one." He repeated, looking intently at Kira.

Kira blinked in confusion. "Well, what other obvious deductions do you have, Sherlock?"

"I never knew you owned anything other than an oversized hoodie." He shrugged.

He did have a point. Kira was never fond of dresses or makeup but that didn't stop her from flaunting it once in a while. As much as she went all for comfort, dressing up pretty was liberating at times.

"And now, I wish you hadn't worn it. I am glad you stick to hoodies." He said bluntly. Kira's eyes knitted in confusion, clearly not catching his change of tone.

"Because I am having a hard time trying not to stare at you." He finished, his arms snaking around her waist.

'Oh boy, there it goes again.' Kira thought. 'Smooth jerk back at it again with the smooth talks.'

His eyes were hooded, losing its affectionate gaze to an intimidating one. He kissed her hungrily, sending jolts of electricity to her stomach. Her breath barely caught up as he deepened the kiss. Her hands were tightly wrapped around his neck, standing on tip-toes to get a better angle. He sent feverish kisses down her jaw to her throat.

His teeth grazed the skin on her neck and her vision blurred. Kira thought it was all part of the heat of the moment until her head started spinning.

"I am dizzy." She managed to say.

"I tend to have that effect on women." He cooed.

His smirk soon vanished as she weakly pushed him away. That's when he looked into her eyes. He loosened his grip abruptly and she clutched his shirt for support. His eyes were ebbed with guilt and his forehead crinkled in worry as he gently led her to the bed.

"When was the last time you had a proper meal?" He asked.

Kira remained silent.

"Did you sleep at all this week?" His voice was coming out all blurry as she looked at him dizzily.

Seeing her quiet figure, he swore under his breath. "I should have known you were over-exerting yourself. And to think I dragged you around all afternoon." He went on. Kira grabbed his arm, meekly trying to tell him she was alright.

He got up and hurriedly went downstairs. A few minutes later, he came back with a bowl of fruits and a plate of salad. 'How did he know exactly what she wanted?'

He sternly fed her and she ate without protest. She couldn't help but notice the concern in his face as he carefully picked up assortments of fruit pieces, throwing away unwanted seeds in the process.

She was curled up in his arms, wrapped around in a warm blanket. Kira smiled; as cheesy as it sounded, it put her whole body and mind at peace. Just when she thought the day couldn't get any better, he started singing.

It was the same sad tune he was humming to earlier. This time, he sang the song in its entirety, the sweet lyrics rolling out of his tongue effortlessly. He spoke of a nameless bird that sang in melancholy, luring him deep into the blues of midnight. His soft breaths fanned her cheeks in reassurance and her tired mind swayed to its rhythm, drifting off into sleep.

Taehyung smiled to himself, still humming the last verse of the song.

"What are you doing to me, Minjee?" He whispered.

"I hated the idea of singing and yet, you make me want to sing to you endlessly throughout the night." He tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ears.

"It's true how they say falling in love is like losing yourself. I am losing myself in you, Minjee. I am afraid I am falling, and that I am falling hard."

Her steady breathing told him that she was already fast asleep, oblivious to his words. He pressed his lips softly against her forehead and closed his eyes, drifting away in her sweet scent.

A/N: Personally, this is one of my most favorite chapters. I had so much fun writing it and it'll always have a soft spot in my heart.

I hope y'all are showered in love because you honestly deserve it.