He approached me and placed his fingertips carefully on my upper arm, his other hand holding my shoes, inspecting my body before his eyes met my face, "are you hurt?" he asked straight away, and I knew he meant physically.

I shook my head, feeling no physical pain as he sighed in relief, his shoulders loosening slightly. It was only then that I realised his knuckles were bruised, the purplish marks forming on the knuckles of his left hand. I didn't question it, knowing from the start that a physical fight was to occur between Drake and him. As much as I hated violence, I was too exhausted to find myself to even object.

He reached into his back pocket and handed my phone back to me, the glittering pink case catching light on the yellow lamps on the street.

"Thank you," I could barely whisper as I held it to my chest.

"Where do you want to be dropped off, Audrey?" He asked, turning to her as she looked up from her phone.

"I can wait here, Dean will pick me up, unless of course Lise wants to stay over at mine," she asked, turning back to me.

"No way am I leaving you on the street considering what just happened. I can drop you off to his house, and Lise can stay at mine." He decided, handing my shoes back to me, grabbing his phone and opening his contact list.

"I don't-" I tried to object, already feeling like a burden.

Chase looked up from his phone, cutting me off almost immediately, "Liv's over. I know she'd love to see you," he said softly. I nodded.

I knew exactly what he was doing; he didn't want me to feel like a charity case, and he knew I would do anything for Olivia, and he was utilising just that.

I got into the front seat of the car as Audrey got in the back. Chase remained on the phone outside. I scrolled through my phone to see my screen protector slightly cracked at the corner, but also to see several missed calls from both Chase and Audrey. I also found a few text messages from Anastasia, and suddenly I just wanted to talk to my best friend.

How are you feeling?
- Ana

I hope that the party keeps your mind off things
- Ana

And message me if you need anything
- Ana

I felt like crying again, seeing the texts from Ana because I realised how much I needed her with me.

The ride to Dean's house was a long and silence one, but I was glad that Chase suggested I stayed at his. Neither of them would have let me go home, but I really didn't want to intrude on Audrey's night with Dean, especially considering they had planned it for ages.

After Audrey was dropped off, I felt a little more uncomfortable, as if I was supposed to talk. But I was exhausted and I didn't feel like it.

"Are you okay?" Chase asked, his eyes occasionally glancing at me as he drove, mostly keeping his eyes on the empty roads.

"I'm fine," I managed to speak. I wanted to be left alone so I could cry myself to sleep, but I didn't want to be so alone that I would be forced to replay what happened over and over again.