The Fall of a Hero: Flames of a Curse

Start from the beginning

"No, not that." Gawain said as he turned his gaze to the ground. "It's just, during the battle, I saw an enemy approaching to the king, and was not strong enough to pass through the soldiers and stop them. But, regardlessly, Lord Lancelot was there right in the time to be able to protect the king, which I really am thankful for. Which is why, for the name of our king, I must become even stronger!" After his response, Lancelot nodded with a kind but calm smile.

"Very well, I shall be your partner of training as soon as I regain my strength!" Lancelot said. 

"Thank you very much!" Gawain replied, with a smile.

"Also," a femine voice called out, yet it's way of talking was like of a man. "we won in the end, and king is just fine, so ain't it good enough? Don't push yourself too hard there!" 

"I see..." Gawain said, as he got lost in thoughts. But, he snapped of it immediately. "Thank you for your kind, meant to be kind, words, Lord Mordred." 

"Don't sweat it." Mordred responded with a smile. Then, the Knights of The Round Table have realised that the king, who was a little bit ahead of them, was looking at them, listening them.

"M-my sincerest apologies if I had disturbed you with my loud voice, My King!" Gawain apologised quickly, but there were no nerves in the air. The king, whose blonde hair was tied up as a bun as being covered by a braid, whose eyes were more beautiful and more green than splendid emralds, who was shining in her armour with no injuries or dust, who still was remaining in her god-like shape and authority, was smiling at him, at them.

"Do not mind it, please." The king, Artoria Pendragon said. "I sincerely appreciate this willingness of yours, Gawain. Thank you for that." Gawain, being under the effect of happiness which was caused by her praise, was lost for words.

"That being said," Artoria went on. "Bedivere, your strategy and timing was as flawless as ever. You have my thanks as well."

"Yes and thank you, my King!" Bedivere said, and saluted the king on his mount with his only-remaining left arm. 

"Lancelot, you were magneficently effective during the clash. Thank you for protecting my back and my trust." 

"My sincerest greatfullness, My King!" Lord Lancelot saluted as well, but his face seemed as if he was disturbed by something. Yet, none other was able to notice that.

"Tristan, I thank you as well." Artoria went on and Tristan saluted as well. "Finally, Mordred," As The King said her name, Mordred got recoiled a little. "You seemed as if you got even better at your swordplay. I do now you train a lot, and I appreciate that, but I would like you not to push yourself too hard, just as you've told Gawain." Mordred, being a little shocked by this affection she got from her father, was smiling there with a blank stare, as if she was still a kid. But, she quickly reconected herself with the reality, and thanked to the king as well, as she saluted.

"O' The Knights of The Round Table, I offer my sincerest thanks to you for your unshakeable loyalty. You really are persons I can trust with my life, doubtlessly." And later on, Artoria gave them a sincere smile, making their hearts bursting with loyalty and love for their king once again. 

Yet, those moments of beauty were to vanish.

"M-my king, what might that be?" A soldier behind asked, as he pointed the sky. It was about the time that they were to arrive the walls of Camelot, which were protected by Galahad, and saw a giant, dark cloud upon the whole kingdom. The beautiful shine of the sun was now being torn apart of Camelot, and the reason was unknown. Regardlessly, it surely was not natural, and was something born of evil. 

"We have to hurry up find The Magus of Flowers quickly! We have to learn what is happening to the kingdom! All knights of Camelot, prepare yourselves for a clash and rush your horses!" Artoria yelled and ordered before she began to rush at the kingdom with her horse, Dun Stallion, as the cloud of evil and darkness grew wider and wider...

***

After a few moments have passed, none of those oracles were able to move. They were kept alive, but none of them could fight anymore. While every of them were lying on the ground, The Guardian in White was standing still, after defeating them easily. Then, that Guardian's gaze turned to the Olympian who had the expression of shock. 

"Olympian," Archer called out, causing Apollo to boggle a little. "our deal..." Apollo, murmuring something beneath his breath angrily, glided slowly, and landed at the front of Archer. 

"As you wish..." Apollo said as he gritted his teeth, and slowly raised the orb, but before handing it, he said an "Oops." and dropped the orb, breaking it. 

"Too bad! Looks like my hand slipped!" Apollo said as he laughed a little, but Archer immediately got away and picked up three of those who he were defeated a moment ago, and ran to the exit. 

"You dimwit! What do you think you are doing!?" Archer yelled as he tossed the three out and raised another three before running to the exit again. Apollo, who have stopped laughing now, stared at him with a confused face, but before he could ask any questions, he felt a great heat from bellow. As he looked at his feet, he saw blue flames that were consuming his feet. "WHA-!" 

Apollo tried to move, but his feet were completely melted, and Apollo was not able to move them anymore. He tried to fly, but he could not do so for some reason. He turned his gaze to the Guardian, and saw him exiting with the last person on his shoulder.

"Wait!" Apollo called out. "Take me along!" Archer stopped and shot a final glance at him, before getting out, leaving the Olympian with his burning and collapsing temple. As Apollo screamed in pain while being burned by the grail without a chance of being helped, Archer placed those ten under a tree as his form began to dissappear. As he looked at the temple, which was burning to its ashes along with the screams of the Olympian, he pierced the ground with an arrow, and after that, his body was no more there. 

Yet, with him being unaware of it, he was being cursed. Inside the burning temple, Sun God Apollo cursed Archer for his bow to take the lives of he beloved someday, and completed his curse just before the blast of the arrow, fixing a mistake, erasing a man, from the memories of everyone who have encountered with him, and survived afterwards.