An Old Friend: Chapter VI

Maybe for the first time during his whole life of chivalry, Fergus was having problems about catching up with his opponent. His opponent was way faster than him, so that he could dodge all of Fergus' attacks with ease. Not just his feet, but his blades were quick as hell as well, so that his agility was beyond many others Fergus fought. The only opponent that could make Fergus that slow was that boy only, with his wicked smile and crimson shine in his eyes.

Let us get it straight, Emiya definitely was weaker than Fergus. When it came down to strength, Fergus had a higher point, so he had to depend on his speed. Well, the only reason why Fergus felt that overmatched was because of the fact that he was still alive. During the very time period, he was alive with everyone he beloved around, which meant that he did not die and took his place in the Throne of Heroes. He was not a heroic sprit at the very moment, but a hero, a knight. He didn't have the boost of being a heroic sprit, a servant, which meant that he could be as strong as the limits of a human body let him be whereas Emiya now was a guardian, plus a magus, so he would able to surprass him easily. Yet...

Yet, Archer was strugling to break through his defense. Archer held back, so that he would not be identified as inhuman, but Fergus was strong enough to make him go with full-hand. He had to win, since he knew that this battle would be to death unless a draw or his victory occurs. And since he could not die himself, his identity as a heroic sprit would be disclosured if he was to take a fatal injury and walk away as if nothing happened.

Archer dashed at him with a swing of Bakuya, which was blocked by Caladborg, and then made a flip over Fergus. His opponent drew a bow in air with his magic sword to slice Archer in half, but Archer made another flip and swang both of his blades, burying Caladborg to the ground. Then, he landed on the blade of his opponent, to bury it even deeper. Now that Fergus was disarmed, Archer swinged Kanshou from left to Fergus' neck, but got countered by a headbutt. He managed to block it with his arm at the last second, but he had lost his balance in exchange. With that, Fergus pulled his sword out with a powerful move and made Archer fall off of his weapon. Archer made a backflip to regain his balance, but before his landing Fergus made his move to stab Archer's chest. Archer parried the attack with both of his blades and swang a kick to Fergus' chest, putting some distance between. 

I have to take this more seriously, it seems like. He released some of his mana, letting it flow through his body. He took a deep breathe, and then, even in a shorter period of time than the blink of an eye, he was face to face with Fergus. His opponent was late to react, more like realize, and swang his weapon to air, to void. Archer, in midair, was at the top of him, with his feet pointing the heavens. Fergus raised his head up to see him, and was able to block Archer's attack at the last second. By the force Fergus caused, Archer could made a jump and landed on the ground, behind Fergus. But instead of attacking him, Archer jumped afar due to the swing of Fergus.

From his point, Archer tightened up his arms and threw both of his blades at his opponent. Fergus, who just turned around, thought it was going to hit hard, and raised his sword to block, but the blades being thrown just passed by him, flying accross the sky as if they were a pair of birds. Fergus was just staring after them, like the whole crowd, and could not notice that Archer projected his bow. 

Archer pulled an arrow and shot it to Fergus, who just got woken up by the whistle of the arrow. He merely managed to parry that one before begining to rush at his opponent, who just lost his close-range weapons. Archer, in the other hand, was shooting arrows at him one after another, with every of them being blocked, yet slowing down the opponent. As the distance became less, Archer let his bow go out of his hand, and stood there doing nothing. Fergus did not waste a second and took this chance to finish him off, rushing his sword to enemy's chest. But before he could do so, he heard something swishing behind, and as he looked back, he saw the blades thrown coming back. 

Dammit! He thought and turned back to corespond the blades, but just like the other time, they just passed by him, granting themselves to their master. As Fergus realised his own defeat, he was too late to turn to his opponent, and got slashed by Archer from his neck with a cross drawn on air. As Fergus lost his consciousness and fell to the ground, an absolute silence filled the area for a moment. 

I used the back of the blades, so it should be okay. Archer thought as he took a look at his blades. Then, he reaized the silence in the place and looked around, seeing the shocked faces of many. None were saying anything, nor moving an inch. But then, the crowd divided for four spearmen to pass, standing before Archer. And amongst them, a woman walked by, while charming every single man nearby. She has revealed herself as she walked. A woman with golden eyes and such young face. With her long, straight pink hair danced with the blows of wind, she was creating a great harmony with her coronet, which was sharing the same white as her dress. Pretty, would be the very best word to define her, Archer thought as many others thought the same.

As she moved closer to Archer, the scent of her parfume became sensible. She stopped in front of Archer, and raised her head to stare at his eyes. "I ask of you, who are you, warrior?" Her voice was soft and charming, just like any other speciality of hers. Archer moved his blades to back of his waist, before vanishing them, and replied her question.

"I do not recall introducing myself as a person, even though you call me so. I am just a lonely Archer. Nothing more, nothing less." As his words finished, Archer began to move ahead, passing by her. She just stood there with a blank stare, before she turned around and held Archer's arm. It was possible to hear men swearing him as "Lucky bastard, getting that honour by his first day."

"Isn't it a bit rude to leave a lady like that? My words haven't ended there, you know?" She told him as their eyes met again. She surely was using some other charm methods, as touching and making eye contact.

"My apologies." Archer said as he turned to her, with his chest facing her as well as his face. "Then, let us hear what this little lady might tell us, shall we?" Archer told her as he crossed his arms. "What might it be that you require from me?" The woman, Queen Medb, gigled to herself before talking again.

"I shall tell it directly, then. Warrior, or Archer, I order you to become mine. With everything you have, become mine. Fight for me, live for me, and conquer for me. And in exchange, you shall be awarded by me, with everything I have." She told him as she put her hand on his chest and moved it around. But as she raised her head and looked at his eyes, she could not see anything but emptiness.

"I see, so this is everything you can offer. Then, unfortunately, I shall reject this deal. You do not own any single thing I desire." And with those words being said, Archer took his leave, leaving the queen wordless.

What was that, of all things? Was she rejected once again, just like that hero of Ulster did, the hero named as The Hound of Chulainn? This surely was unacceptable, and this surely was something Medb could not stand for.

Aghhh, where did she go again? Archer thought as he made his way through the faces of crowd being shocked, while looking for Scathach. But while doing so, all of a sudden, he felt a great disturbance in the city and became unable to move. What was that? It surely was something familiar, and something that brought back all those bad memories. He could not realize anything happened, being surrounded by soldiers with spears, since he could not snap out of those flames and screams filling the whole world he had. He was just staring blankly and was not moving an inch, until a soldier hit the back of his knee by the grip of his spear, which made Archer kneel and come back to reality. With a couple of couple spears pointing at his face, he opened his eyes.

"Being ignored only happened once to me, and I clearly can say that I completely hated it. Well, it was until you, who increased it to twice. How about paying this disturbance of mine by your life?" Medb told him from his back. Archer grinned before he began to talking.

"I apologise sincerely, but I am afraid I do not have enough time." And in a blank of an eye, the four spearmen was lying on the ground, as their weapons remained broken in pieces, with Archer standing up. "Now, I would like to ask some questions. First, where is The castle of Ulster, and second, where is the great hero of Ulster, where is Cu Chulainn?"