There Will Be Blood // Part One

The return home was a bit chaotic, especially when we had to explain the whole ordeal to our parents

The return home was a bit chaotic, especially when we had to explain the whole ordeal to our parents. It took a moment for them to grasp the situation but I think they took it pretty well. Daddy had pulled Archie aside to talk to him about who knows what, probably him taking off into the woods after the criminals, but I never heard more.

Speaking of Archie, I was currently sitting between him and Ronnie as our parents had dinner together, discussing their days in Riverdale together.

"If you remember correctly, the only house in Riverdale with a pool was Thornhill," Daddy trailed off.

"There we were, two drunk, dumb teenagers looking to cool off," Fred continued the story, earning laughter from Mom.

Archie gave his dad a curious look. "Why didn't you just go to the quarry? Or Sweetwater River?"

"Oh, what I remember is someone borrowing the school van for a joy ride, you and Mary," Fred directed towards Mom.

She shook her head. "No, that was Alice, not us."

Veronica took a sip of her drink. "Oh, my God, this sounds like an episode of Saved by the Bell."

Chuckles escaped the group by her comment as everyone began picking at their dinner again. I twisted my fork in my pasta as I focused on the plate. So far this meal hadn't been awkward but I knew that was going to change. We didn't invite the Andrews over for no reason.

"Hey, Fred, before you head off, why don't you join Hermione and me in the study?" Daddy suggested, "I have this 30-year-old rum. I think you'll love it."

Fred shrugged. "Well, I can't say no to that."

As the adults began placing their napkins on the table, Mom turned to us. "Girls, stay with Archie?"

We both gave hums of agreement as the three of them got up from the table and headed into the other room. As soon as the door clicked, Archie looked at Veronica and me expectantly.

"What are they talking about in there?" He asked as he set his fork down.

Veronica glanced at me, giving me the hint that I wouldn't want to be involved. I quickly excused myself and grabbed my empty plate before heading into the kitchen

I rinsed my dishes off before heading into my bedroom to check my phone and get ready for bed. Glancing at my screen, I saw I had no notifications, which didn't surprise me. I had texted Felicity hours ago to see what she was up to but ever since our weekend getaway announcement, she hadn't been talking to me. I knew she was upset but I didn't expect her to become friends with Cheryl and ignore me, all in the same week.

I sighed and moved into the bathroom to change into my pajamas. Jumping back into bed, I sent Jughead a quick goodnight text before curling up under my duvet and closing my eyes.

Tomorrow would hopefully be a better day.

--

"I put the odds of Fred saying yes at about 50-50." Of course, Daddy started the breakfast off with some business. I had learned to tune them out at this point.