Looking Pretty for the Cameras

Chapter 7

"Brick, you have to wear what I picked out for you."

"I will be fine in my normal outfit. I see no reason why I have to change."

"Brick, you are going to stand out." What was she saying? He stood out because of his sheer size not his clothing choices. "Now, we might be late."

"Fine." Brick walked back into his loft. When he came back, he wore the standard yuppie tennis outfit of pastel green shorts, white polo shirt, Sperry's and matching green sweater.

"Do guys actually wear this?" He dropped the shirt in his room. "I refuse to bring this sweater."

"I will allow you that. Now, let's go. We have to be at the club soon." Fiona grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the elevator.

"My family is probably already there because of someone." She eyed him as the elevator opened onto the lobby. The whole way to the country club, Brick picked at the clothing.

"Did you check my size because this can't be right." It most definitely was. His polo shirt outlined his muscles. The outfit made him look like a typical guy instead his usual serious guy attire. She liked both, but his discomfort made this outfit better. She slapped at his hand as he pulled at his shirt.

"Stop it. You look fine. You will fit in better." The car finally pulled into the club.

They walked quickly through the huge building. Fiona happily waved 'hi' to a few people she knew, smiling when the women eyed Brick appreciatively. Well, too bad. He was at her side. She weaved her way to the courts until she found the one that her family had reserved.

"Sorry. I'm late," she yelled to get the attention of her sister Chris who was practicing with Amelia. At the table near the court sat her brother and another man. Both men stood up as they saw her heading over.

"Hey sis. I see that you are letting the bodyguard do his job."

"Sometimes, you have to embrace change." The other man smiled as he leaned in for a hug.

"Fiona, nice to see you again. I saw your latest movie, but it is nothing like the real you."

"You better be glad I like you, Danny. We both know that movie sucked." She hugged him back as she turned back to introduce the two men. "Danny, meet my bodyguard Brick. Brick, this is my brother's right-hand Daniel Walton."

"Nice to meet you, big guy," Danny said as he looked up at Brick. Brick nodded in acknowledgement.

"Well, why don't you men sit in talk? I am going to have some quality time with my sisters." Fiona waved happily as she dropped her stuff on a bench. She grabbed her racket and skipped over to her sisters. Both girls stopped their conversation until Fiona came.

"That is your bodyguard. Where did Cole find him? He's huge," asked Amelia.

"That's right. You haven't met him. Don't worry. He is a total teddy bear, but he won't admit it."

"How have you been then? You look better from what I hear," said Amelia as she gently placed her hand on Fiona's shoulder. Fiona glanced at Chris and was answered with a shrug.

"I'm fine. I don't even know why Chris and Cole worried you. Now, are we going to play some tennis or what?"

"Singles or doubles?" brought up Chris. She was trying to keep the ball balanced on the racket as she waited.

"Let's see. We have us three and those three. So let's start with pairs. Cole and me versus you and Danny, Chris. I hope you don't mind sitting out the first game, Amelia."