Post

"I think it's ready."I looked too Lucas an eyebrow raised.

"Really? You sure?What about the intro thing that you do?"

"That comes later. This is a welcome to my channel kind of video. We'll focus on the other stuff later." I watched as he started to move everything around and start posting the video. We've made it to the next round and with thankfully hip hop and contemparay.

After the first round of elimination we went out to celebrate, keeping it low key as possible. That was just round one. And it's only going g to get harder.

But with our picks this week, Lucas and I could definitely win this round with out fail.

Lucas and I sat together in my room that we've set up at Lyla's house. After telling g her very understanding parents what happened they had no problem with me staying for how ever long I needed to. They had no other reason not to. They've seen it first hand.

"Chase just made the football team we couldn't be prouder. It middle school football so its flag football but it's a start. And hell be able to join the high school team in freshman year." My father said as he picked up another fork full of veggies. I still hadn't taken but a few bites since dinner started. I sat there spying with the food on my plate. My best friends parents over and all my parents only want to talk
About is my brother.

"He's going to have to keep his grades up of course, but I'm sure he can do it." My mother boasted with pride. I looked across the table, a look that could kill, was given to my brother. He only exchanged with a shoulder shrug.

"How about you Skylar? Did you join any extra activities at school?" I looked over to Lyla's father. He gave me a small smile.

"I was hoping to make the dance team." I said putting my fork down."best part is they're scheduling for practice doesn't interfere with the studio."

"Speaking of the studio," my father looked to me" we think it would be best if you stop going." My father said it as calm as he would have told a client to stop talking so they don't get themselves in trouble.

"But-"

"No buts. Your going to high school soon and need to focus your time into things that matter like your school work. How else you you going to be successful I'f your still doing childish things."

I wanted to tell and scream. Leave the room. Instead I stopped eating and just sat there listening as they praised my brother. I ignored the sorry looks Lyla's parents. I did that until I auditioned for Stage one. Took everything my parents said and did.i never did anything about it.

I'm not changing what I've done already. They've lost me, and it's their own fault.

"You get paid from this don't you?"

"Yep, and with all the media your getting, you should get a thousand subscribers in the first couple of days of posting."

" Thousand?"

"That's how many you need to even set up you bank information and set it up where you can put ads on your videos."

"I forgot to tell you, I hate the ads in your videos." He smiled and turned away.

"Well, that's how we get paid baby." He finished off editing the video then moved what he called ky outro onto the layout and added the music.

I watched as he turned into a file and saved it to my desktop. Right away he opened youtube and started the process of uploading it. I watch closely to how he uploaded the video before I pushed myself up from laying on the bed."Well we have that workshop tonight."I went over to my dresser and pulled out my extream cropped green tank top and my grey sweat pants. I changed in my bathroom then stepped out to see as he finally posted the video.

"Alright and...your live." I smiled at him and he walked over to me wrapping a hand around me."Let's go."  We left Lylas following behind.

"Andi texted me telling me she needs a ride back home so I'm taking my car too."

"Maybe she can just sleep over?"

"Good Idea!"

The class was so much fun and when I got to dance in a group with Andi and Lyla it made it that much better. Lucas filmed as much as he could. And even though he already spent a few hours editing with me I know hes going to edit tonight to get it mostly done and up by tomorrow.

These little workshops he put together made this competition even more fun than what it would be with out it. And the fact that they're filmed makes me even happier that I can always look back on it. I can look back and see how everything about me changed.

"That was amazing, see you tomorrow at the studio." Anna and Seaira said on they're way out. As they left Lyla ran in phone at had.

"Sky!" She jumped in front of me and handed me her phone. It was on the YouTube app and it was on my channel."You have over 500 thousand subscribers already and every time I refresh it goes up and over 2 million views on the video."

"See I told you." Lucas said as he packed away his camera."You can link it to your bank when you get home and start getting paid.

Looking up at Lyla she smiled.

"What would I do with out you?"

"Crash and burn.  And um not leaving my sister." She wrapped her arms around me.