Incoming

"Guys what day it is!" Lucas yelled as he slammed open my door. It made me jump on my desk chair with a yelp making Lucas laugh. I turned to him as he laughed and walked up to me with a camera in his hands. "I'm sorry," he kissed my cheek.

"I hate you," I said pushing him away.

"You love me and you know it," he said. "It's your day to be followed by a camera, how do you feel?"

"Like I'm never going to escape them," Lucas sat down on her bed making me stand from the desk chair. "So put your away for two minutes." Lucas smiled as he stopped taking video and turned off the camera saving the battery. He pulled me closer to him making me stand in between his legs. I wrapped my arms around his neck rubbing the back of his neck and watching as it made him smile. "I know this whole filming thing brings in some money for us but it's off limits when the other cameras are rolling got it."

"No promises. You're the star babe, you're going to have to get used to cameras on you." I scrunched my nose at him as I pushed him back and moved on top of him. "I've got the best dancer in the city as my girlfriend what else would you expect from me?" He grazed his lips over mine before pressing them together. He pulled me as close as he could to him. It took a moment for me to pull myself back together and pull away from the kiss.

"Not now...We've got class." I climbed off of him and walked over to the closet pulling out a change of clothes to wear for class. I opted for high waisted black leggings and an over sized grey long sleeve shirt. I started changing as Lucas pulled out his phone answering a text. "Your brother just texted me," He said

I looked at Lucas with surprise as I took off my shirt revealing the light purple sports bra I had put on right after waking up."Since when did you and my brother start texting each other?" I pulled on the shirt before slipping off my shorts. "I don't even text him that often."

"He's coming to visit tomorrow," I continued to put on the leggings as Lucas recognize the slight hesitation in my movements and I could tell as he shifted the way he sat on my bed. "I thought you two were really trying."

"Yeah," I continued with putting on my socks then getting the rest of the things I need for the day. "It's just, he's...Chase. I think theres only so much you can do to get back a relationship with someone you loathed for so long. I love him, he's my brother, but...he abandon me. I got left behind." Lucas stood from the bed and walked over making me stop distracting myself from the honest feelings. The feelings I wanted to ignore and pretend never existed. It was working well so far.

I was only ever used to opening up with Lyla. There was never anyone else there to listen or understand. Lyla let me crash in the middle of the night at he house. She helped me find ways to keep dancing. Lyla stopped me from making decisions she knew I'd regret. Lyla became my family as Chase slipped away. As hard as my brother could try to fix the void he left behind stayed locked and chained away. Fear of having to watch him slip away from me all over again keeping it that way.

Lucas grabbed my hands. "He was manipulated to. He's working through his own problems as well. Trust me when I say, it's okay to open up again. " I pinched my eyes at him. "We talk. A lot's changing with him. He wants his sister again." I nodded making him kiss my forehead. I finished getting ready before Lucas started filming again and we made our way to class.

The camera men met me at the classroom and talked to me about how the rest of the day would go. They'd follow me around, capture what they wanted, then tomorrow morning they would sit everyone down for the interviews. Other than that I was free to ignore them. It was going to be later in the semester where I'd have even more interaction with them especially if I'm picked to choreograph the big final dance.

I let myself be in the moment. Ignoring the stalking cameras I listened to the music. The beat and the tempo. I followed the choreography given as they all practiced. Step after step everything else became transparent. It amazes me how present and not present I could be mentally during class.

Mrs.Pash created groups before telling us the order of who was going. As some one group preform others practiced what we'd do. When it was my groups turn I got enough out of my mind to make the correction I've been told to work on. I felt it a bit more. The feelings that came with the song that Mrs. Pash picked.

I put everything I could into the dance until the moment it was done. When we heard the clapping Mrs. Pash walked over and gave our corrections. She stood in front of me last as the next group prepared. "That was very good. You completed the movements. You took your time."

"Thank you,"

"Have anything prepared for your piece to win choreographing the final dance?"

"Not really, I've already got so much stuff going on I don't even know if I want to add that on top of all of it."

"You should think about it. Every students that's choreographed and won had ended up doing incredible things. It opens up a lot of doors. The ones that do win...they break and bend the rules. They make a statement." Mrs.Pash winked before walking away leaving me stunned. Lucas walked up hand on his hips.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I think I just found my new favourite teacher." Lucas looked to the teacher for a moment before pulling me to the others to watch the rest of the groups.

Finally lunch came around and we walked to the food trucks again.

We were able to slip away from everyone to sit on the grass for a moment eating together. Cris-Cross in front of one another we looked into each others eyes. "If I wanted to try and win the chance to choreograph the final dance...would you be mad?" I asked Lucas.

"Why on earth would I be mad?" Lucas asked.

"If you wanted to do it. And it would take up a lot of time."

"We can make it up. If it's what you want to do I'll be happy to watch the amazement that comes out of you. I just wanna dance. I don't like telling people what to do." I couldn't stop the blush flooding my cheeks as I smiled. "You're amazing Sky. I dance and yes I love it but you-you create art. Make people feel things. You move and people can't help but watch to see what you do next." I put a hand to his face and moved forward kissing him. I kept close to him.

"I'm only going to be able to do this with my partner."

"Wouldn't do anything without you baby."

We finished our lunch before returning to the rest of the day and the cameras followed.