Chapter 20

After that "hot" night, they slept together, peacefully. They woke up in each other's arms, and the sun rises.

Shi Jin woke up first, and turned to his right. He saw a beautiful, woman laying next to him. He stroked her hair, and admired everything about her.

Her face was so peaceful, and he just felt calm whenever he saw it. He waited for her to wake up, and she did.

"Good morning." He kissed her forehead.

"Good morning." She muffled from under the pillow.

"What should we do for the time remaining of our "vacation?" He asked.

"I need to go back to work." She sighed.

"Why?"

"Because, if I don't go, I'll be screwed, and of course lose my job that I earned."

"Awah, I was going to give you a surprise." He pouted.

She raised an eyebrow, and suspiciously stared at him. He dug into his back pockets of his pants, and took out a blue box. Her eyes widen, but not enough to be noticeable.

"I just wanted to mark you as my woman."

She didn't say anything, but she didn't know what to EVEN say.

"You don't need to answer now, since you wanted to take things slow. But, i just want you to wear this so I know people can stay away from you." He smiled.

"Shi Jin... I-I don't know what to say." She stuttered.

"I hope you'll accept my proposal. I know it's not extravagant, but I really love you." He sincerely meant it.

"Is it too early to say yes?"

"Of course not, I'll wait for you."

He got up, and hugged her.

"I'm so happy, thank you!"

"Thank you, too. I would have never been alive without you, my dear fiancé."

"I feel happy again. I haven't felt this happy in a while now."

"Now we can be as happy as we want."

As she said, she still needed to go to the hospital. She went into the laundry room, and opened a cabinet above the machine. Sure, she's been to Shi Jin's house many times, but she always kept a stack of clothes just in case... of things.

She changed into white shorts, a grey T-shirt, and combed her hair.

"Woah, where did you get your clothes?" He asked.

"I have my ways, around your messy apartment."

"I don't tidy much, since I don't live here a lot."

"Do you live at the army? Come home once in a while, and be comfortable in boxers. I can't imagine living at the same place."

"But you live at the hospital." He pointed out.

"I do not!" She lied.

"Your mother told me."

"You met my mom? When?"

"When you were drunk."

"I was drunk? When?"

"Never mind that. Are you seriously going to work?" He leaned against the door frame.

"Yes, come with me and WAIT inside the car if you wish."

"No, no, I'll come in since I need that fist fight." He cracked his knuckles.

"Wait in the car, or I'll leave you behind." She growled.

He backed away, scared. Sure, a special force captain, that's strong. But that woman, gave him the chills, and his fears.

"Okay, I'll stay in the car." He said quietly.

"That's a good boyfriend." She walked past him, and putted her shoes on.

He shook the feeling off, and got the car started.