Chapter 6

I woke up in the morning to find Yoo Shi Jin gone. I knew it, he'd leave after I fell asleep again. This time, I was in the my little hut. I tried to stand on my feet, but I fell right down again. I forced myself to get up, and I did.

I got dressed, and brushed my teeth. I met Nurse Choi and Nurse Ha outside where we usually meet.

"The doves are coming, I missed them." Acknowledge Nurse Ha.

All three of them stared at the doves, that was coming. And, just when they
were about to run past us, Yoo Shi Jin popped out of nowhere, and scared the heck out of me.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked,

"Yes, I did. Where did you go last night?" I crossed my arms.

"I went back to the barracks shortly after you fell asleep." He says

"My legs all better, can we go see Fatima today?" I motioned to my leg, which I jumped up and down on to make sure I'm good.

"I suppose we can today, since I'm off. Met you at the gate in 10." He said before walking off to himself smiling.

I grabbed my shoulder bag, a mini first aid kit, and my phone.

I met Shi Jin at the gate, and we drove through the base to the little town.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Can you call your chairman like right now?" He said, suspiciously. "My commander was super mad, because since he heard you got shot he wouldn't leave the commander alone." He said sweating beads. He had completely forgotten to tell her that.

"WHAT? Why didn't you tell me earlier? I'm going to face an angry chairman when I get home." She proceeded to dial his number, and it was connecting.

"ARE YOU OKAY?" The chairman yelled through the phone.

"Yes, I'm okay. I just got shot in the leg, no big injury." She rolled her eyes.

"Where is your boyfriend? He needs to take care of you more!" He screamed through the phone.

"My boyfriend was protecting me, but the criminal ended shooting me." I spoke calmly.

"I swear he's going to get a yelling from me." He mumbled.

"Excuse me, He was doing his best to protect me. I will tell him not to visit you." I retorted.

"Just because he's in the army, doesn't mean I'm not good at fist fights."

"He's a Captain Of the Special Forces, are you sure you want to go that way? As a co-worker, I'm looking out for you." Shi Jin smiled, and was proud of being her boyfriend.

"I don't care, tell him I challenge him to a fight!" He hung up, and she threw the phone in her bag.

"What happened?" He asked, worried.

"He challenged you to a fist fight, just ignore him." She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Hey, I'm in the army. He has no chance." He bragged.

"Hey, my job is on the line if you win. Just pretend you don't know."

"You can work at the army hospital with Myeong Joo." He suggested.

"And that will cause chaos." She crossed her arms.

"Well, I'm going to see the chairman when I get back." He shook his head in disbelief. "Even after I threatened him, I'm good at fights."

"Just focus on driving, please. I don't want another incident before I go back." She focused.

Just then, their tire popped and the went swerving right and left! Mo Yeon kept screaming, and when they stopped they were on the edge of a cliff! This time there's no water, just a deep, dark, endless hole,

Shi Jin immediately got out of the car, and got to the back. He grabbed the car with all his strength, and pulled it back. His arms were sore for a few seconds, but his attention averted to Mo Yeon.

"You can get out now, it's safe." He softly directed. He opened the door, and helped her get out of the door.

He went to check on the tire, and he discovered that a bullet was shot through. He picked up the bullet, and looked in disgust.

"Well, I guess we're the targets of an attempted murder." He scoffed.

Mo Yeon's eyes widen, and she covered her mouth. She looked over the mountains, and saw a shiny circle. It was very odd.

That's when she noticed. A gun was pointed towards her head.