Side Story#1

A year earlier

•••

"Kookie! I'm going out with my friends!"

"But, today is my birthday! Do you need to leave now?" He backhugs his girlfriend showing how much she wants her to stay.

"I'm really sorry," She faced him and gave him a quick peck on the lips "I have to go now. My friends are waiting."

"But what about me?"

"Don't call me. Just leave a text but I probably won't read it as soon as it's sent because my phone's in silent mode." She says, completely ignoring Jungkook's question.

"Oh, okay..... Goodby---" The door slams shut and Jungkook didn't even finish his sentence.

Once again, he was left alone. On his birthday. His parents aren't around and he's an only child.

That's when he starts thinking...what if he has a sibling? How would it feel? What if he had someone to protect him or better. What if he had someone to protect?

That would make life happier. No more lonely days.

But the question is... how? His parents are too old to have another child. Actually, they aren't but they don't do it anymore.

In the middle of thinking, his phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Jungkookie, where are you?! You were suppose to be here 15 minutes ago! Ya!"

It's Hoseok. With that loud voice, it's definitely him. But why is he using Yoongi's phone? Well, that doesn't seem to matter.

"Earth to Jungkook?"

"Huh? I mean, what?"

"You better get here fast! Taehyung's late, too. Dang, you two really are best friends! Oh, nevermind. Taehyung's here."

"Wait, what's with today?"

He hung up.

Jungkook didn't even know what's with today except it's his birthday. Wait, that's right! Maybe they're celebrating or something like that!

Someone did remember it.

•••

And he was right.

They were all at Hoseok's house.

Everyone has their gifts lined up and they seem happy. That made Jungkook feel slightly better. Although his girlfriend wasn't around, he was good with some friends.

Speaking of her, has she eaten yet? Jungkook worries over that. Sometimes, he gets worried for her over the simplest things. He sometimes acts like a father for her.

"Jungkook, you okay?" Taehyung notices the younger's troubled face. The others fell into a complete silence as well.

"I n-need to call her."