6.

a/n: new character cuz... why not? hehehehe. not proofread.
~~~~~

   Flashback:

   “don't you miss your parents sometimes?” red asked the 6 year old lisa as he tries his best to make her feel comfortable with the topic.

   “not really, red. i'm kinda used to being with nuns and all the other.... abandoned kids.”  she said, followed by a sigh.

   no one really talked to her about her parents. heck, no one talked to her back at the orphanage.

   “don't you get lonely?”

   “no. i have you!” she smiled “i have you, red. you're all i need to be happy!”

   for a second, he was worried. what if one day, he won't be there for lisa? what if one day, he leaves?

   there's a huge chance he will leave and maybe, he wouldn't see lisa ever again.

   that's his worst nightmare. leaving her all alone. he wasn't ready and maybe he'll never be.

   “red.... why are... why are you holding my hand? owww--it hurts!”

   “oh, sorry! shocks!” he examined her hand and noticed red marks. he felt bad for hurting her.

   “it's ok.”

   “umm... lisa?”

   “hmm?”

   he was waiting for a long time to ask her this one question and every time he hesitates, it feels as if the weight he was carrying in his shoulders grows heavier.

   so, he took a deep breath to calm all his nerves. “c-can you date me??”

   lisa's face showed pure confusion. red was worried that he'll get rejected this early in his life.

   “isn't a date in a calendar...??”

   if red wasn't all nervous, he would've laughed. but of course, it was expected from a girl who probably only watches cartoons.

   “say yes and i'll show you what it means.”

   “ok. then, yes! you can date me!”

**********

present:

   “of course! i'll be your date, jungkook!”

   jungkook eyed her as if he was doubting her answer “you do know what a date is, right?”

   “yes! i've dated someone before so i know what it is.”

silence....

   “hey, why are you suddenly silent? is something wrong?” lisa noticed that he was spacing out

   “n-no! nothing's wrong, of course!” he chuckled awkwardly “it's just.... just.... nevermind.”

   jungkook stood up from the bed and straightened his shirt. “i'm taking a bath now. you should, too.”

   “okay.” lisa stood up as well

   jungkook was about to enter the bathroom but the next question lisa asked left him choking.