Chapter 4: The effects that affect everyone

Dick's POV

I got the call from Bruce and he explained everything to me. I immediately started to worry. Damian was my little brother. I loved him even if I could admit it to his face.

I arrived at the bat cave after a 5 hour drive from Bludhaven. I went down the giant clock and landed in the bat cave. Standing around the computer was Tim, Jason, Bruce and even Alfred. It was worse than I thought.

"Bruce I came as soon as I could. How..... When..." I stuttered as I thought why and I knew that was on everyone's mind but I couldn't get myself to say it.

"Dick.... it's okay we will get him back I know it." Bruce said this with confidence. Inside, I knew he was worrying just as much as I was.

Jason stood with no expression. Him and Damian always fought but were close in a brotherly way. They trained ever day giving each other new scars and fighting to see who actually won the battle. They were peas in a pod.

Silence filled the room as I stared at my toes thinking about this moment when Bruce broke the silence.

"Here I'll show you the video Joker sent. It may come as shock to all of you so be prepared. As he said this he stared at Jason and Tim.

Jason was reincarnated after the joker had killed him due to an explosion in a warehouse. Tim temporarily became Jokers son JJ. It put them both through hell. I looked and Tim and Jason. I held Tim close to me. He was sensitive especially around the Joker.

Bruce played the video. I saw Damian chained to the floor littered in bruises and cuts. He was covered in blood. His hair was stained at the tips with it and hanging below his face as his head was hung low.

I watched as the Joker came into to view. I had no words as what he said next. To summarize it, "Reveal your Identity or he dies"

We were all silent and Tim was softly crying in my arms. I looked at Jason who I thought would be angry but was shaking.

"Jason... Are you Okay?"

As I said this he feel backwards toward the ground. I knew he was strong so I never expected this from Jason. I ran to him. Tim stood from my arms and ran to his brothers side.

His eyes were red. Jason was crying? This was unusual. Did Joker say something that might have triggered him? Did he do something that might have triggered him? All I knew was, something must be big because Jason.....

He was out for 3 weeks with night terrors almost every night and there was no waking him up. Until today when he finally opened his eyes, shot up out of bed and stared at me with eyes of fear. The words that came out of his mouth were terrifying.

"Something is coming.... Something big and I dont relive through it again. Help Me and more importantly.... Damian. If what I'm thinking is true, he won't last very long"