Chapter Twenty three

Start from the beginning

A grin appeared on Yomi's face, as he turned to Victoria. "Have you heard of kaba kaba race?"

Everyone laughed including me.

Which one is kaba kaba race now!

Yomi will not kill somebody.

Everyone was laughing as those two kept on teasing each other. I realized how much I missed Yomi and the grammar queen, Temi. Those two were always giving us a little drama to make us laugh. And as little as it was, their drama was so interesting to watch. I wish we were still in secondary school, but no! Things had changed, and everyone had moved on. After every gist, and the fun, we would all go back to where we belong. Our family.

Victoria finally escaped back to the kitchen, while Yomi stood up to receive a call. Victor took the opportunity and turned to me with a naughty grin. "This is the third time today, that a young and beautiful woman will say 'I love you' to me." I knew he was just teasing, so i just rolled my eyes trying to suppress my smile. "Well, I'm sure your reply was I hate you too."

He chuckled silently, and hissed slowly. "That's not the deal jhoor. I want to go out with one of them, and enjoy fresh blood."

"And what about the one you have at home?"

He laughed before talking. "That one... That one will just be tempting someone... And is not like the blood is fresh o."

I laughed and hit him. "After you have turned the fresh blood into water. Well, Mr. Man, Jesus has turned it into fresh wine for you, and that is how you will keep taking it for the rest of your life. Or else, I will find Mr. Sola myself and offer him the wine. In fact some guys that didn't taste the fresh wine in the bible will taste it on earth."

Victor laughed, and threw his head back. He couldn't control himself, and had to get up. He clapped his hands laughing. "So someone cannot play with this girl at all!"

I eyed him, smiling as well. Men! That's how they use style to get information from you to know how you would react to a thing when you find out, or to see your reaction to what they are about to try or have tried. Either playfully, or jokingly, there is always more to whatever they say. But as a woman, we wouldn't let insecurity take the place of prayers. We don't know what happens at their place of work or when they are hanging out. We will hold on to the prayers that has gone ahead, because a wise woman is meant to build her home and not scatter it.

"Dinner is ready everyone!" Victoria announced after going in and out of the kitchen many times to set the table and get everything ready. "Let me wake those children up," she left immediately.  

"Wow! Full house indeed!" Fred greeted everyone as he walked in through the entrance, dropping his jacket and suitcase. "My in-laws, my in-laws..." He took his seat at the dinning table, asking for his wife, Victoria, who came back with all the children.

"My Daddy!" It was Emmanuella who saw her Dad first, and ran to him for a big hug. Emmanuel on the other hand just wrapped himself around me, trying to sleep back, but when he heard Emmanuella shouted Daddy, he raised his head up. "Daddy is that you?" Everyone laughed.

"Ahhh! Even with junior on the way, they are still acting this way." Victoria commented. "In few weeks time, Mommy will not have time for all these again." She finally took her seat, and started eating.

"Less I forget," Victor dropped the fish he was about to put inside his mouth, having the fork hit the flat plate hard. "Sorry," he said. "How close are you? So I can know how to get myself prepared for Dad's birthday?" He asked his sister. I realized Victoria was very close, and Victor might ended up planning for the party alone.

"In three weeks time," Victoria said slowly. "Don't worry, I will help in ordering gifts and other things online. I will be helpful," she promised.

"Congrats to you little cousin." Yomi squeezed her hand because she was beside him. Fred gave his wife a warm, and beautiful smile. My heart felt really happy for her, and I gave her quick wink, having her smile widened.

"We can't wait..." Victor added. After that, everyone faced down,  enjoying the sweet porridge.

__________________________________

Finally! How was it?
Victor can be crazy sometimes. But I can tell you I really enjoy writing that naughty, silly, handsome, and crazy guy's POV.

Who missed Yomi
But seriously, I missed Temi
She will be back soon.

Thank you so much for reading guys.

*Please do not forget to VOTE*
VOTE!!! COMMENT!!! SHARE!!!

IU