Chapter Sixteen

Suzy's POV

Like a magic but with immediate support and intentional growth, everything started going on well. Victor had started working back. The cake business was selling really fast that my kitchen couldn't contain me and I wasn't enough for the work anymore.

"You should have called me to render my help as well," Victoria said on phone as the sound of pots slamming on one another almost blocked my ears. I chuckled to myself. "You want me to be flogged for stressing two pregnant women at a time?" I asked knowing her tummy was getting bigger, and she was a month older than me.

She laughed, but her tone later changed. "I said go to the parlour!" She screamed. "George come and carry this boy away from here. George!" She screamed again, still on the phone with me. I made jest of her, laughing. "You better take it easy with them." I told her as I could hear a tap water rushing.

She hissed. "I have not taken a minute to rest today. I've been going from one place to the other, now I'm cooking for them to take their lunch and that Gideon wants to start wrapping himself around me." she sounded stressed. "He doesn't know that I'm also looking for someone I will wrap myself with." She hissed. "Please back to our business. How much is my salary if I join the team work?"

I couldn't help laughing so loud as I squeezed the water melon I had in my mouth. "Which team work is that?" I acted like I was oblivious of what she meant.

She laughed. "Mrs. Stephen second, don't be whining me now. Let's talk business abeg. One hour, ten cakes," she suggested. This time my laughter went high and echoed through the silent walls of the parlour.

"Ten or twenty?"

"Oh! Is it ten I said?" She laughed at her silly self. "I meant twenty jare oremi."

Another laughter erupted from my mouth. What would I sell if she gets away with twenty of the cakes whenever she works with me? But I knew it was all a joke. We talked for long and gisted for a while before her credit finally dropped, and we couldn't said our goodbyes.

To my amazement, Victoria showed up on my doorstep the next day to help me with the cake. She said Victor insisted on her coming if truly she wanted to assist me because the work was too much for me alone. At a point when I got tired, she was there to help and you can't imagine how fun it was for me to have my friend working along with me.

"Suzy are we going to add Maggi and salt to this thing to make it rich right?"

I laughed despite how tired and stressed I was. My whole body relaxed embracing the excitement and the funny part. I shook my head at her. "Have you forgotten we are to add palm oil as well, so the colour can come out well." I said and she laughed too. We both knew we were whinnying ourselves.

She laughed as she sat beside me to rest once everything was inside the oven. "I pity you ehnn." She was still having a smile on her face. "If it is someone that doesn't know anything about cake, they will just help you add Maggi and salt to it."

Add wetin?

When life is not doing the person.

Am I cooking soup?

Abi who is making moinmoin here?