Chapter Seventeen

Hi beautiful people, I want to say a very big thank you to everyone reading this book. Getting to 6k in just four months is another achievement👏 I'm so grateful, and I appreciate everyone' supporting this book with their votes. Keep enjoying👌

Suzy

I've been trying to reach my sister, but it was either not available, or it rings without anyone picking up. I was told she travelled to get the things she sells as usual. And as a good sister she was, I just wanted to check on her, and get to know how she was doing.

I rode my car to the house of one of my senior doctors, who was celebrating his 50th birthday. He personally invited me, and I knew I needed to create time to at least say hi, and honour his invitation. I drove into his compound immediately the gate was opened. I was expecting one big, and gigantic party. But rather, it was organized in a simple, and small manner.

I stepped out of my car, and immediately locked it. I had packed everything I needed for the night, because I was going to be on night shift, and going back home would be very stressful. I was in a red lace gown which was free enough to hide a bit of my swollen, made me very comfortable, and looked smart.

"Doctor Stephen!" I heard someone called, as I brought out the celebrant's gift from my car boot.

I turned around. "Nurse Akeem," I greeted with a smile displaying on my lips.

"Afternoon ma. Hope junior is kicking so well?" She teased. She was there a time when Victor teased, and called me 'Mummy Junior'.

I gave a light chuckle. "Yes ma, he is kicking really well."

She laughed quietly as well. "That reminds me. The cake I bought from you last, everyone that ate out of the cake had been disturbing me on how they can get to you, and meet you in person. In fact, my sister wants to start a business with that cake. She wants to know if you make chin chin, meat pie, and sausage roll as well?"

"Really!" I couldn't believe it. The cake was moving fast than I imagined. Victoria was just telling me to give it a brand name, and just recently, a company ordered for 100 pieces of my cake for their staff, and asked if I make meat pie, and sausage roll as well. I knew I have to give the woman the right answer. "I'm just about to start, since a lot of people have been demanding for it as well."

"Very good," she smiled. "I will just give her your number so you two can talk. But please, don't stress our Junior too much."

I couldn't help laughing. "Yes ma," I said, while she immediately walked to her Jeep. She clocked forty a month ago, and I was the one who made her cake. She came back the next few days thanking me for making her guests finished the cake without remaining for her. The next day, I had to tell one of the girls who worked for me to deliver a small cake to her as my little appreciation. She came back thanking me, and even brought me customers.