Chapter Twenty one

Suzy

I got back home with both Emmanuella, and Emmanuel. As always, they flung their school bags to one side, even after several warnings. They ran to the kitchen, and dropped their lunch boxes exactly where I told them to. Victor would say, the instruction was quite easy for them because it concerns their food, and it's something they can't joke with.

"Emmanuella, put it in Ben10 now... You better put it in Ben10..." I could hear Emmanuel shouting at his sister.

"Ben10, Ben10, Ben10..." Emmanuella shouted back. "Is it only Ben10 we want to be watching? I will tell Mommy for you now."

"And me I will tell Daddy for you." Emmanuel also said his own.

"Go and tell Daddy now," Emmanuella said it because she knew their Dad was not around yet. "Are you not going to tell Daddy again?" I heard her laughed.

Silly girl..

I could not pity Emmanuel because I knew he would definitely do his own back like he does when Emmanuella cheats him.

"Daddy Daddy!" I knew those two would surely scream. I quickly off the gas under the fried rice I cooked. I specially made it for Victor like I was told to do. I served the remaining chicken I fried inside the bowl, and off the gas immediately.

"Where is your Daddy?" I asked the two who quietly sat on the floor watching their cartoon.

"Daddy is upstairs," they both chorused. I went up immediately, and I quietly ease the door opened. Victor's back was facing me, as I made my way inside. I moved towards him as he struggled to lose his tie. "Let me help you with that." My hands went to the tie around his neck, giving him no choice than to lose his hands. "How was your day?" I tried to make conversation with him.

"Stressful," he mumbled. "And I couldn't stop thinking about you," he said it slowly. I finally looked up at him with a smile on my face. "Are you sure, or you're just trying to bobo me?"

A quick laughter escaped his mouth, as he looked down at me. He stayed silent for some seconds watching me, while I watched him as well. "Don't ever doubt me when I tell you something as serious as that." He embraced me slowly to himself causing me to laugh a little. I threw the tie on the bed helping him with the buttons of his shirt.

Suddenly, the door burst open causing me to stop what I was doing as Victor and I looked at the two wonderful gifts God has blessed us with. "Mommy we are hungry," they paused, looking at both Victor and I. Victor released me, and helped himself with the rest of the buttons. "What have I told you about knocking?" He reminded the two.

The two looked remorseful. "Daddy we are very sorry. Is just that, me I'm very very hungry." Emmanuella exaggerated.

"And me too," Emmanuel added, rubbing his stomach. Victor and I laughed, and he moved away from them. Victor turned to me with a smile. "Suzy, is as if they even like food more than you," he teased.

I smiled, choosing not to talk. "Hungry children, let's go downstairs. If not food, what else should we love?" I shouted for Victor to hear, and I could hear his little laughter as the children and I made our way out of the room. They got downstairs before I could get to half of the stairs. I need such energy.

After they've been served, I served Victor's food, and took it upstairs to him. As usual, he had freshen up, and changed into his pyjamas. I went back downstairs and joined the children. We ate together, and after few minutes, Victor came down, and joined us in the sitting room.