Chapter Twelve

Everyone was around to celebrate the Christmas with us. As usual, we cooked, ate, and drank to our satisfaction. My friends called and we had a great time talking and gisting together. One of the Christmas gifts I received was Mercy's call who announced the birth of her new born baby.

"A boy or a girl?" I asked with so much excitement.

She chuckled before answering me. "A big, bouncing, baby, handsome boy!" She said with so much gladness that I could feel her smile on every word she said. I burst into heavy laughter. "Mercy, Mercy," I teased her. I could imagine how wide her smile would have become.

I heard her giggle softly. "Suzy the Suzy," she teased me as well and I couldn't help laughing.

"Mummy Maxwell," I added the name I would love to give the baby.

"Maxwell," she repeated. "That name is so beautiful dear cousin. I trust you baje."

I chuckled at myself. "And I have another name you would love so much."

"Really, let's hear it," she said, eager to hear another beautiful name I have for her baby.

"Hmm..." I cleared my throat. "Because he arrived during Christmas, let's name him Mr. Father Christmas."

Mercy laughed and laughed. Her laughter pierced and almost blocking my left ear. She reduced her laughter, and chuckled lightly. "Suzy, is not only Father Christmas, we will even add Santa to it."

I could not contain my smile which turned out to burst into a loud laugh. I missed my cousin. I really missed my Mercy. My one and only. We just knew how to tease each other well, and have fun together. If she was around, it would have been a double fun for me.

I was packing some things for Victoria who would be leaving soon because every new year, we celebrate with Victor's parents. But now, I really do not know my husband's plan. I saw Yomi excused himself from Victor's group, and immediately, I ran to his side because I've been meaning to talk to him, but I could not because he was always with Victor, and their friends.

I pleaded for Yomi to spare me some of his time and he did. I went straight to the main issue bothering me. "Do you know your cousin is planning to sell this house?" I asked him. He gave me a pity look. He stared at me, deeply sorry and with that, I knew it was not hidden from him either. "So you knew too?"

He opened his mouth to speak. "Suzy, I tried talking to him, but I couldn't go against him. He has already made up his mind."

"Is there no way we can plead with his Dad, and find a way to settle this. This is getting serious." I tried to let him know my mind.

Yomi scratched the back of his head. "See Suzy, you're not someone I can lie to, or try to hide the truth from. Victor's Dad is very stubborn and so is Victor. The family had begged him, but he chose not to listen. He wanted to punish both Victor and Debra," he explained.

"But Debra is the culprit here." I tried to tell him the fact that was missing.

Yomi nodded. "Yes, and she's at the station right now. They won't release her until she was able to confess . But Suzy, Victor's Dad has chosen another CEO. He already made up his mind."

"Are you kidding! Just like that? So quick!" I was surprised. "So he's not going to do anything about his son after everything Victor has done. That is so ungrateful!" I was getting really angry.