Chapter Fifteen

Suzy

The next day, it was on Saturday morning which started my one week leave from work. Both Emmanuella and Emmanuel settled in their usual seats for breakfast. Victor was busy pressing his phone, while Emmanuel was drumming with his fork and spoon, waiting for the food to be served. Emmanuella on the other hand, was monitoring how I was serving, helping with little things.

"Mommy Daddy's cup is not here. Let me go and take it," she reminded me. I glanced around the table and realized I forgot that truly. "Thank you my baby. Be careful with it, so it won't break."

"Yes mommy," she jumped out of her seat. I was glad I had a girl child. As little as she was, she had surprised me so many times. Especially the times I was tired and couldn't do anything. Like some days ago, she worked really well.

"Mommy let me help you with the bed," she ran into our room and started dusting the bed with her small hands before I could stop her. I was so touched and alarmed. I wanted to know who taught her all that because I knew my baby too well. It was either she was sitting with the television, or playing around. But since we came back from their Grandma and Grandpa at Lekki, she had been helping a lot.

I called her one day when I was in the kitchen. She was busy sweeping the floor which I had swept, but I just left her to do whatever she was planning to do with the broom. She dropped the broom when I called her.

"Emmanuella, what should Mommy buy for you? You've been helping mommy so much."

She smiled. "Mommy don't buy me anything. Grandma at Lekki promise me bobo, biscuits, sweet, caprisonne, chocolates, gala, and very big teddy bear," she listed.

I couldn't laugh as much as I wanted to. I chuckled a little bit nodding. So Grandma was the one behind it. She had successfully captured Emmanuella's heart with everything she just listed. I just hope she gets everything like she was promised.

"So Grandma told you to help Mommy?"

She gave a nod. "Yes mommy. She said I should help you because of our new baby. She said the baby will not allow you to work very well. Mommy should I should cook dinner?"

Ehnn

You and who?

Cook wetin?

I looked around to be very sure it wasn't my sister who walked in, because sometimes, people's voices sound alike. I finally burst out laughing.

This one wants to cobalize me

She wants me to pack out so early.

For people to start blaming me that my two eye balls were working perfectly like the full light of a car while I allowed a small girl to near fire. I quickly picked up the broom. "Go and wait for Mommy in the parlour"

"But mommy I want to cook." She was starting to cry.

"I will not give you caprisonne...you will see," I said and immediately she stopped crying.

"But mommy you know I want to cook o..." She wiped her face. "When will you give me?" Her voice was back to normal.

"Go and wait for Mommy first," I said.