And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 23

Start from the beginning

"Okay dear, but be careful!"

"I will!"

I hurried outside and shivered as a strong gust of wind hit me. I couldn't wait to be in my cat form so my fur could protect me from the cold. I saw Blake waiting for me at other side of the street. I quickly ran to him and together, we walked towards the woods.

"We'll shift when we reach the woods," he said rubbing his warm hands against my cold ones. I nodded my head and snuggled deeper into his side.

"H-how are you g-going to sneak ba-back into my r-room? You ca-can't climb through m-my w-window for-forever."

"I can pretend to be a pet wolf that you found," he chuckled. 

"Th-that could work." 

"I was just kidding, Kitten."

"I'm not."

He bent down and nipped me on my ear, making me squeal. After walking into the forest, we heading off into different directions so that we could shift. I hid behind a large oak tree and started shedding my clothes. I couldn't wait to be back in my cat form again. It felt like ages since I let her out. I welcomed the feeling of my body beginning to change. 

I crept out from behind the tree after shifting and saw a large gray wolf sitting in front of me. I stumbled my way over to Blake and snuggled against his warm fur. He bent his huge head and licked me softly between my ears.

"I forgot how big you were." I thought to him.

"That sounded wrong on so many levels Kitten," He thought back. I let out a little mewl and started trotting deeper into the forest. He easily caught up to me and slowed down so I could catch up. I basically had to run next to him while he walked slowly. 

"Thats not fair, you haver longer legs than me," I panted. He let out a wolfish laugh and bent his head so it was level with me. I quickly stepped onto his strong snout and climbed my way onto his back. If any one happened to see us today, they would've been the most confused people ever, seeing a white cat perched on the back of a huge gray wolf. 

I jumped from his back after a couple minutes, already tired of being toted around in my cat form. I landed in a tangle of limbs and Blake let out a wolfish laugh. 

"You blend in with the snow Kitten." I gave him my best cat glare before trodding off to another location. I was suddenly tackled from the side, landing on my back with Blake on top of me.

"What was that for?!" I glared at him again and bopped him on the nose with my paw, earning a nip to my ear. We continued to wrestle and chase each other around until I noticed the sun setting. 

"We should get back," I thought reluctantly. "Helen would get worried." Blake was lying on his stomach while I was draped over his front paws. I gave his chest a tiny lick before scrambling onto his back. 

By the time we got back to the bookstore, the sky was already dark. I was in my human form while Blake was still in his wolf form. We had decided to use the plan of pretending that a wolf followed me home. Even in my human form, Blake's wolf head almost reached my elbow. 

When I walked into the bookstore, I yelled out a greeting to Helen. She popped her head out of the door leading to the storage room and let out a tiny yelp.

"Lorraine! There is a big gray wolf standing in my store!" I looked down at Blake and started rubbing his head. "Yeah! Isn't he adorable?" I ignored the huff that Blake let out and continued on with the story. "I was walking back from the bakery and when I turned around, he was following me!" I lied, "Can I keep him Helen?!! Please?! I promise that he would be quiet and he would make a good guard dog for your store!"

"B-but Lorraine! Look at the size of that thing! What if he's dangerous? Is he even wolf? He looks as big as a horse!"

"I promise that he will be a good dog Helen! I will take care of him and you wouldn't have to worry about a thing!"

"But-"

"Please Helen!" I bent down and wrapped my arms around Blake's thick neck. He gave me a huge lick to the face and I let out a giggle.

"Welll...."

I gave her my best puppy dog eyes and nudged Blake foward. He turned his head and gave me a "you owe me" look before crouching down. He whimpered and scooted closer to Helen, laying his head on his paws. 

I knew that we had won the moment I saw the look on Helen's face. 

"Fine." She sighed. Blake and I exchanged glances while I mentally fist bumped him. This was going to be great.

SORRY IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKES, I DIDN'T EDIT THIS.

                                                    -MICHELLE