And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 16

Blake's POV

"Jasmine, what are you doing here?" I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

"Can we sit down?" She asked timidly, gesturing to the couch. I nodded and waited for her to take her pick in seats before I sat.

"I know I'm the last person you expect to see at your door but, I really need you to understand why I left you before you kick me out of your house."

"Im listening."

"You have to believe that I never wanted to leave or hurt you like that-"

"But you did!" I immediately felt bad when I saw her flinch at the tone of my voice.

"You left me without even considering the fact that you might've broken my heart. I loved you and you left." I continued more gently.

Tears started running down her cheeks, "I had no choice. You were going to be the alpha of the pack! The alpha can't have a peasant wolf as his mate! I left you because I didn't want you to be looked down upon by every other wolf out there because you fell in love with a wolf living with her parents in a freaking box!!" She sobbed, "Don't you get it? My family has always been hated by every other wolf out there because we were'nt in the same ranking as them. If I mated with you, what would everyone think? I left because I didn't want you to suffer like I did."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "You left, so my reputation wouldn't get ruined?"

She nodded weakly and broke out in another round of sobs. I took her shaking shoulders in my hands and pulled her in for a hug.

"Shhh-shh," I soothed, "Don't cry."

"Please forgive me. I didn't mean for you to get hurt."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You probably would've found a way to stop me or do something that could make the pack more angry with you."

"You're probably right," I smiled, trying to lighten up the tension.

"S-so do you f-forgive me?" She asked.

"Yeah." I sighed, "I forgive you."

Jasmine let out a shaky breath and quickly wiped away her tears.

"Does your parents know you're here? Where are you staying?"

Her eyes immediately filled with tears again, "My mom died in a car accident a couple weeks after we left town. My dad disowned me after I turned 18, saying that I was old enough to take care of myself and that he didn't have enough time to deal with a burden like me."

"Oh god," I silently cursed her father for putting her in this mess. "You can stay here in my house until you decide what to do. My parents won't mind taking you in."

"Are you sure? I-I wouldn't want to barge in like this."

"Don't worry about it. You should go get your belongings from wherever you're currently staying at and then come back. I could show you your room afterwards."

"Um o-okay! I'll be back in 20 minutes!" She quickly jumped off the couch and ran out of the room.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair again. I hoped that I wasn't making a mistake by bringing her back into my life again.

I got up from the couch and turned the movie screen off. There was only one person who could make my day better, and I needed to see her.