And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 13

Lorraine's POV

After two nights of sleeping in the same room as each other, we started to make it our everynight routine. It didn't matter which room we slept in. One of us would just grab their pillow and enter the other one's bedroom before that person could do the same thing. A couple times we had both entered the hallway at the same time, him with his pillow hanging loosely by his side while I clutched mine against my chest. We just rock-paper-scissored in order to see which room we went into that night.I usually woke up with my back against his chest in a spooning position; his leg over my thigh while his hand clutched mine against my chest.

Instead of waking up to Blake's lingering hands, I heard the excited shouts of many people outside our room and the house. We both sat up in bed a looked at each other in confusion.

Rose burst into the room, her eyes glossy with tears, clad only in a pair of pajama shorts and matching shirt.

"Blake!" She choked out. "He's here! He found out that Lorraine is here and they've came for her! They're surrounding our house, refusing to leave until you bring her to them."

Everything seem to dissappear around me as I took in her words. Adrian and his clan are here. Here to kill me.

Blake shook my shoulders, trying to pull me out of my dazed trance.

"We need to get you out of her now Lorraine!"

He quickly jumped out of bed, throwing my clothes at me and at the same time, managing to put on his jeans and shirt. Rose had already left the room, either to join in the fight, or warn other people. I hoped it was the latter.

We finished dressing just as we heard battle cries. I ran to the window and looked out at the horror outside. Everyone seemed to be shifting into their wolf form, trying to either get into the house or prevent others from entering.

I noticed a black wolf that seemed larger and more menacing from others. I knew instantly that it was Adrian. Blake pulled me away from the window, out the door, down the stairs and to the back of the house. He stopped when we got to a door and faced me, gripping my shoulders hard. A familiar looking man came through the door and nodded his head at Blake.

"I'm going to turn you over to Jayden so he can help you escape. I need to stay here and help them fight. I need you to listen to me Kitten."

I shook my head furiously when I realized his intention. He was going to stay behind and fight for my safety while I run away like a scared little kitten. Blake gripped my head and looked straight in my eyes.

"Listen to me Lorraine!!! I can't protect you knowing that you are still in the house, possibly in danger. Jayden will protect you until I locate you again. For now, I need you to go! NOW!"

"N-n-no Blake, I have to stay with you," I sobbed, tears swimming freely down my cheeks.

He kissed me hard on my mouth and pulled away. "Im sorry baby."

Before I knew what was happening, Blake shoved me out the door into Jayden.

"Go Jayden! Take her somewhere safe and don't bring her back!" Blake looked at me with regret in his eyes.

"I love you," he whispered.

"NO! BLAKE DON"T LEAVE ME!" I screamed trying to squirm out of Jayden's strong grip.

He gave me one last look before running onto the battlefield.

I felt Jayden start pulling me away towards the forest. All I could do was cry as I got pulled farther away from the battle and farther away from Blake. NO. I'm not going to let this happen. Not again. I quickly turned towards Jayden and bit the hand that held my arm. Momentarily distracted, I manage to knee him in the groin. He howled in pain and slowly lowered to the floor.