And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 17

A.N.- I meant to tell you guys this in the last story but I totally forgot. Female wolves can tell who their mate is before the male himself. Since Lorraine isn't a wolf, she can't tell if Blake is her mate until he does.

Lorraine's POV

Hand in hand, Blake and I both walked down the steps of his house and into his dining room.

"Whats for dinner?" I asked excitedly, bouncing over to my seat.

"Probably salad, steaks, mashed potatoes with gravy and french fries." I looked at him with confusion. How can he tell what we were having for dinner? "I could smell all the food from the kitchen," he added taking note of my expression.

Blake took his seat at the head of the table next to me and we started playing 20 questions while we waited for our food.

"Whats your favorite color?" He asked taking my hand in his.

"Yellow! Whats your favorite animal?"

"Hmmm, next to wolves, my new favorite animal is a cat." He grinned slyly at me.

I giggled, "thats funny. A wolf's favorite animal being a cat."

"If you were locked in a room for a day with only food and water, what one thing would you ask for in order to keep you busy?"

"Books of course! I love reading."

Our little game continued on for a couple more minutes before the waiters finally entered the room with our dinner.

"Can you make an extra plate?" Blake asked one of the servers, "we have a guest staying over at the house."

The guy nodded his head and quickly re-entered the kitchen. I had almost forgot that Jasmine was staying with us. I looked down onto my plate and saw so much food piled up on it, that it could possibly feed an army.

"This food looks delicious!" I squealed with happiness as I dug in to the mashed potatoes. Blake laughed and dropped a kiss on my temple with amusement.

"Slow down there Kitten, theres more where that came from," he said digging into his own food.

We were interrupted yet again by the sound of someone clearing their throat. I looked up and saw Jasmine in the doorway. Blake stood up once he saw her and walked over to her. I tried to consume my jealousy when he took her hand and brought her over to the seat on his other side, across from me.

They aren't together anymore Lorraine, I tried to reassure myself as I watched Blake help her settle into her meal.

"So Lorraine," a voice interrupted my thoughts. Jasmine smiled at me from across the table.

"I heard you're a cat shifter. So weird to have you living in a pack full of wolves."

"They don't mind me staying with them," I mumbled, playing with my food.

"Of course they don't," she said, throwing me an innocent smile.

"Whats that suppose to mean?" I asked angrily, throwing down my fork.

"Lorraine, stop." Blake said, putting his hand on my arm, stopping me from lunging across the table and sinking my claws into her neck.

"Well she started it!"

"No she didn't, you just started assuming things."

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say anything mean! I swear!" Jasmine cried with tears in her eyes.