And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 18

Blake's POV

I walked around my bedroom aimlessly, waiting for Lorraine to come back from her 3 hour shopping trip with Rose. I had no idea how hard it was being away from my possible mate for this long. I didn't know how Adrian and Rose stayed away from each other for 9 years. It must've been killing them.

I sat on my bed, patience wearing thin. How can girls shop this much without feeling the need to explode with boredom? I ran my fingers through my hair for the 50th time and checked my phone. The last message I recieved was from Lorriane, saying that they would be back soon. I sighed, feeling like a possesive old lady, waiting up all night for her cheating husband.

 Out from the corner of my eye, I saw a flicker of movement. Jasmine stood in the doorway with her hand poised to knock on the door.

"Hey Blake. C-can we talk?" Jasmine asked, slowly walking into the room.

"Hm? Oh yeah sure. Talk." I answered distractedly.

"I don't really know how to put this," she stalled, nervously playing with her fingers.

"What? What is it? Is someone hurt? Is it Lorraine?" I stood up in alarm searching her frightened face for any signs of clues.

"No, no! No one is hurt. This is about you and me..."

"What are you talking about?"

She paced the room frantically, motioning me to sit back down. She finally decided on kneeling in front of me, placing her hand on my leg.

"You know how female wolves can find out who their mate is, even before the mate himself?"

I did not like where this was going. "Im guessing... You found out who your mate is?" I tried to scoot out of her grasp but she kept a firm grip on my leg.

"Its you Blake. You're my mate."

Lorraine's POV

"I had such a fun time shopping with you!" Rose gushed, struggling to hold all her shopping bags in her hands. "We need to do this again really soon."

"Definitely," I smiled back, excited to show Blake my new clothes. We had just gotten back from our long shopping trip and I was exhausted. 3 hours of nonstop shopping, no bathroom breaks and no food stops can really tire someone out. All I really wanted to do, was to see Blake and snuggle up to him for a nap.

Adrian met us up at the front door and flashed us one of his dazzling smiles. "Adrian!" Rose dropped all her bags and rushed up the steps to meet her mate. He lifted her up in his arms and they glazed at each other as if they hadn't seen each other in years. I hoped that one day, Blake and I would be able to do the same.

"Did you girls have fun shopping?" He asked, setting Rose back on her feet.

"Yep! But right now, I'm all pooped out. Im just going to go upstairs and take a nap." I said trudging into the house.

"Or to see Blake?" Rose giggled winking at me.

I ignored her tease and ran up the stairs, impatient to see Blake.

"It's you Blake. You're my mate."

I frowned as I got closer to Blake's room. I peered around the corner and found Jasmine kneeling in front of Blake, hand on his leg.

"Thats not possible," I overheard Blake whisper. "You can't be my mate."

"What's going on here?" I demanded marching into the room.

"Lorriane!" Blake jumped up off his bed and made his way towards me. I backed away from him, fending him off with my hands.

"No, don't touch me. What is going on?" I glared at Jasmine, making her shrink back in fear. "What did she mean when she said you were her mate? How could she know?"

"Lorraine..." Blake let out a sigh. "Female wolves can tell who their mate is... even before the male wolf himself."

"No! She can't be you're mate! She's lying!" I cried.

"Lorriane, we don't know that. Only she does."

I reared back in shock at his words. "Are you saying that you believe her?"

"Ughh. I don't know what I believe!"

"Well," I let out a shaky sigh and lifted my chin up. "I won't be the second choice. It's either her or me."

"Are you asking me to choose?"

I let out another shaky breath and nodded my head. "Thats exactly what I'm asking."

"You know what? I can't deal with this right now." Blake stormed out of the room in a huff without another word.

Tears welled up into my eyes as I watched him leave. "Lorraine, I never meant for this to ha-"

"You know what Jasmine? You win, okay? I don't want to play this game with you anymore. You win."

I ran out of my room and into mine, slamming the door behind me. I collapsed onto the bed, my whole body shaking. I didn't know how long I laid in bed, crying my eyes out, but one thing for sure, I couldn't stay.

I grabbed my duffle bag that I bought at the mall and stuffed all I could in there. I grabbed as little as I could, not needing a huge bag to bring me down. As I zipped it up and threw it across my shoulders, I suddenly stopped in my tracks when I saw the black and white panda. Tears started filling up my eyes even when I tried my best to keep them down. I took the panda with me as I left my bedroom for the last time.

I was relieved when I saw that Jasmine was no longer in Blakes room. I gently set Chester down on top of his pillow, and abruptly left the room before I had second thoughts about leaving.

I turned back around to gaze back at the house after stepping out onto the driveway. I whisper one last silent goodbye before I turned and started on my journey to look for my sister. Something that I should've started doing a long time ago.