And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 14

Lorraine's POV

Blake didn't speak a word to me as he carried me up to his room. I was dangling from his jaws, feeling a bit nervous as he set me on his warm, large bed. He proceeded to step away from me, towards the other side of the room, before settling down and laying his large head on his paws.

I flatten my ears in sadness.

Blake?

-silence-

Blake? I said again, hoping he would answer. When he didn't, I tumbled off the bed, in an effort to get off of it,  and landed on my butt. I grumbled and stood on my paws, shaking myself off before walking hesitantly towards him.

When I reached him, I saw that his eyes were closed but I knew he wasn't sleeping.

Blake? I'm sorry I didn't follow your directions. I was just trying to help! You can't expect me to just sit there waiting to see if you-

Well I did expect you to sit and wait for me!! He raised his head to glare at me.

The tone of his voice suprised me and frightened me at the same time. I slowly crouched down and took a step away from him.

What if something happened to you??? How can you be so stupid, running out there like you're some kind of super cat? You could've gotten killed.

My large cat eyes started producing tears. I did the only thing that I was capable of doing at that moment. I ran.

Lorriane, wait!

I ignored his frantic calls as I ran as fast as I could, down the stairs. I ran passed the living room and saw Rose and Adrian in the same position as when we left them.

Why couldn't Blake and I be like that? I thought to myself.

I didn't stop until I reached the backyard. I hid in some bushes, hoping Blake wouldn't find me. Just my luck, it started raining. It started out as a couple sprinkles, before getting heavier by the second.

I saw Blake rush out into the backyard, still in his wolf form. I scrunched farther back into the rose bush, getting pricked by the thorns while I was at it.

Kitten, where are you?

I managed to block him out of my mind so he couldn't hear what I was saying or thinking. I relaxed when I saw Blake head into another location, calling out my name mentally. I raised my paws to wipe the rain out of my eyes. It was getting colder and I needed to find some shelter before I froze to death. I hesitantly walked out into the open, thorns ripping at my fur. I gritted my teeth in pain and thought 'Great. Another injury to add onto the others that the wolf gave me.'

I didn't realize how exhausted I was, until I wandered back into my room. I pushed on the door, using my nose until it closed, before shifting back into my human form. I was aching with scars and bruises all over my body. It didn't help that I was in a bush full of prickly thorns and roses either. My skin and hair was dripping water from all the rain.

I decided that I need a hot bath and some sleep.

Blake's POV

I hung my head in defeat as I walked back into the house. Was Lorraine really gone? I knew I shouldn't have yelled at her but it was all out of anger. I was so worried that she might've gotten hurt, that I didn't think about what was coming out of my mouth.

I heard a throat clear in front of me and I looked up.

"Son, its time for the meeting about what we should do about Adrian. Shift back and head over to our Office."