Chapter 7- My Castle

Violet woke in the grandest bed room she had ever seen, she was laying a large canopy bed with blue and black sheets. Next to the bed was a table with a vase full of fresh dark blue roses, and a glass of water. She noticed she was no longer in her armor and her hands were cleaned of blood. She now wore a black and blue nightgown that was so soft she barely noticed she was wearing it. She crawled to the edge of the bed just as Magi came through the door across the room. She was no longer in her armor, she was in a black satin gown lined with gold like the armor from before. "You're awake?" She said calmly, Violet however didn't respond. "I didn't expect you to waken for at least a few more hours. You are stronger than you look," she said sounding impressed, "Were am I?" Violet asked, "Your castle, these are to be your chambers for now on. If you'd like?"

Violet looked around the room, along the wall to her left there were open windows that lead to a balcony the length of the room. To her right were several doors each open she could see they lead to a bathroom as big as her house and a closest that she couldn't see the end to. "This is mine?" "Yes after the crowning ceremony tomorrow you shall be officially named Queen and all this shall be ours." Magi said stopping at the end of the bed, "Though the castle seems to already know you are it's new Queen," Magi said moving to set the new water with ice on the table, "The castle?" "You need not worry about that now child," Magi said brushing Violets hair back, "Why are the roses blue? I've never seen them anything but red," Magi smiled down at her, "I almost forgot how young you are. This world as you know is powered by magic and the Queen above all is endowed with the most powerful of all. The roses are a representation of that magic, they show how strong or weak our world is and being Queen they respond to you most of all. Each person who has magic, normally has a different color magic aura. Mine is black and the Queens before you was red. The roses sense the Queens magic and tend to change accordingly. Yours is very pretty dark blue, so the roses that shall bloom in this world shall no longer be red as before but blue like your magic." Magi touched the roses with an almost sad smile, "I didn't know I was a magic holder." "All humans are born with the ability to use magic, even some males. Yet only the strongest of us tend to able to wield it, and most of the time it takes years to learn to control it enough for use in in our homes let alone in battle." "Was Frieda a magic holder?" Violet asked almost to quietly, "No. She always liked fighting hand to hand combat, any ways." "Did I-? Did I really kill her?" Magi's face fell slightly, "You need not worry about that now, you are a warrior after all." "Yes, I am." Violet said standing, "Violet," Magi said, then in one slow movement she bowed to one knee placing her hand on her heart. The slit in the dress showing off her leg that held a dagger. "From this day forth I am bound to you, I swear my loyalty and friendship. I would like you to know that from this day forth you are my Queen, and I shall help you in anyway possible like I did for the previous one before you." "What did you do for her exactly? I've heard so many stories I don't know which is true." Magi looked up at Violet, "I was many things to her. I was her counsel, guard, consort, but most of all her friend. You may use me as you wish and if you wish not for me I shall gladly step down as head of the counsel." "Magi I would never ask for you to step down, not now and hopefully not ever. The people trust and know you, if you left now I wouldn't know what to do. Of all the people I have ever known you were the first to ever believe in me or even help me. Until I am ready to lead, would you be my teacher?" Violet said, Magi stood a smile on her face. She looked down at Violet, she was far to wise for one so young. "I'd be honored, my Queen. But for now I believe it be best if you take your rest." Violet nodded and laid back down. "Thank you Magi," Violet said barely above whisper.

 Magi took the old cup and walked out of the room to find the priestess in the hall waiting for her. "For one so young, she is very wise." The priestess said, "What could she been through that would warrant such wisdom priestess?" Magi asked, following the priestess down the hall. "You wish to know her past?" "To better serve her I think it would be wise," "Very well. As you know she was born of love," "Yes but who were her parents?" Magi  asked, "You knew them they were Lady Irene and a man named Aldrin." "Lady Irene? No wonder the child is so strong, her mother was our most powerful warrior until." Magi paused a grim look crossing her face. "Until she died? Irene she was the only consort to the first queen I ever served, Vivian." "The Queen before Persephone?" "Yes," "Why did she choose you? How did you know her?" Magi asked, "She was my sister," "Vivian, was your sister?" "Yes," The priestess said sadly, "But what happened?" Magi  asked, "Irene fell in love, with Aldrin?" 

They walked in silence for a moment as the priestess letting it sink in. "Aldrin is a strong man and very wise he was brought to the castle as a servant. Yet when he and Irene met they eventually fell in love. Then when Vivian found out that Irene was with child, his child she was outraged. Irene was able to hide it for awhile but like with most things, the truth comes out eventually." They were in the priestesses odd room now, with one wave of her hand the lights glowed and the fire started. The tea pot filled it self and flew to sit above the flames. Magi sat down as the priestess continued, "No one knows which Queen before had banished love between men and women, but it was law and out of rage she ordered Aldrin be killed. Vivian always had a mighty dangerous temper, as mother put it. Irene was afraid for Aldrin's life, and convinced him fled the kingdom with her. Vivian fell into a deep depression when they left, nothing I tried seemed to calm her. The castle was in a wreck, nothing held together the walls crumbled around her as she walked. Irene used magic to hide, she gave birth to Violet a few months after they ran. I was her midwife," "Midwife, you knew where they were and didn't tell?" "No. How could I? Vivian just needed time to cool down, who knew it take so long. Yet I knew how much she loved Irene, I had to help them some how. They lived on the run for almost three years, until they were caught trying to cross the borders between worlds." "They were going to Earth?" Magi asked surprised, "Something changed, they wouldn't tell me what. They just said that it was the only way to keep Violet safe from the Queen's wrath. Violet was not only a child of love, but Aldrin's child. Vivian hated Aldrin even before he took her love away from her, he was a clumsy man always spilling and breaking things. Yet he somehow could always make Irene laugh. Well in fear of Vivian taking her anger out on not only on Aldrin but Violet. Irene believed Earth was their only salvation," "They must have know that the Queen would know the moment they tried to open a gate. I mean you even have to use an enchanted ring to open it." "I don't know where they got the ring but they did. They were found quickly, but not before they had opened a gate almost all the way. When they were caught, Aldrin tired to save Violet and get her through the veil while Irene fended of the guards. It was to no avail the guards stopped Aldrin and accidentally killed Irene at the border, a spear through the heart from what I heard. Her lifeless body fell through the gate vanishing. Vivian was so affected by the loss most of all, she loved Irene more than anything. Vivian died hours later after hearing the news." "Died of a broken heart?" Magi asked, "That's what they told people, even against my wishes." "Then how did she die?" "I found her, in her room crying. She had stolen one of my poisons," "Suicide?" Magi asked surprised, "I couldn't stop her I tried everything, but nightshade works fast. After Vivian died Persephone was chosen as the new Queen. She was far kinder to Aldrin than Vivian would have been, but even so she told me she still felt that she should at least try to keep something of Vivian's last wish." "She had him killed?" "No she banished him to an Island just within our boards, putting a spell on him to make him never be able to cross to Earth. She thought it only fair, he however took the punishment and Irene's death hard swearing revenge on all of us. That's when he started forming that rebellion group." "Her father is the leader of the Rebellion?" "Yes," "Then how did she end up here?" "As a part of the punishment she was taken from him to be raised here with the rest of the children. Persephone thought it might deter him from making a direct attack if his child was here. I think think she was wrong, it may hold him off but only made him more determined to come back. It was also not good for the child, being one born of love has never been easy." "I understand," Magi said looking down. "Well now you know the truth," "Thank you Priestess," Magi said slowly sipping her tea thinking about what she had just heard.