Chapter 6- Heart of a Warrior

"What's your name?" The blue eyed girl turned around to find that Magi stood at the entrance of her tent. The girl had been trying to tie her vambraces back on, and was having a lot of trouble. "Violet," "Well Violet, isn't your armor a little too big?" Magi said, "Yes, but it's all I have." "Where is your guard she should have brought you new armor." Magi said looking around as if she missed someone hiding in the small tent. "She left," Violet said without a hint of emotion, "Did you sent her away?" Magi asked confused, "No," "Then why'd she leave?" "It doesn't matter, besides I don't need her help." Violet said turning back to the mirror, "It does to me, we all need help sometimes." "Not me," Violet almost sounded angry, "Well then why did she leave?" 

"She said I didn't deserve her help," "Really," "I don't want to get her in trouble," Violet said softly, "She won't, but where did she go?" "To help Frieda. Everyone says she's going to be Queen, they say I am not suited to be Queen." "I see, and do you believe them?" Magi asked, "Frieda is strong," She said, "That's not what I asked, do you believe that you shouldn't have a chance to be Queen just as much as Frieda?" Magi asked softly, "I-I don't know what I think any more." Violet said, Magi pulled a piece of ribbon from off her wrist and stepped forward. "Well whatever she thinks you still need help getting ready." Magi said as she pulled Violet's hair up in to a french braid and tied the end with the ribbon. 

"Why did you enter the tournament if it wasn't to become Queen?" "Well. I just wanted to prove that I'm worthy, of being here in this world." "Who told you, you weren't?" Magi asked, "Everyone," "Everyone? Well you're wrong there because I don't," she said waving her hand and Violets armor glowed black and shrunk to fit her perfectly. "There now you are ready for a fight." Magi smiled as Violet looked at her reflection. "Why are you helping me?" Violet asked turning to face Magi, "Because I want to," "Won't people think somethings up if you help me?" "No, after all I don't choose who wins or loses only you do." "Me?" "What do you have that they don't?" "Um. I'm not big or strong and I don't think I can use magic. I am just small and fast I guess, but how can being small and fast help me?" She asked as Magi went over to the table and waved her hand over the sword it shrunk. "You're smart you'll figure it out." Magi said giving Violet the sword, "Alright," The bell rang noon and Violet went to leave the tent, but stopped turned to Magi. "Thanks Magi, for everything." "You're welcome and, good luck Violet." She said smiling, Violet Left and the priestess walked in the tent. "She's stronger than she looks." The priestess said, "Yes she is, she just doesn't know it yet." Magi agreed, "This should be quite interesting." "You should know, after all you have looked into the future." "You of all people know only the Queen knows who the next one shall be." "I wish she could've just told me who it was, that way we could avoid all this." "If the next Queen doesn't prove herself first no one would follow her, those are the rules you know far too well." "Yeah and I'm tired of them." Magi walked out of the tent and followed by the priestess.

***

"This challenge is simple you fight your opponent one on one. The battle won't end until you or your opponent concedes, is unable to continue, or is dealt a deadly blow. Your weapons have all been enchanted they can still maim, but not kill. If you do strike your opponent to where it would have killed them, they shall vanish and you will win. If they concede same thing, we have set up medical tents outside the arena you will reappear there. As you can see the field has been setup to separate you into your own little arenas. When you win the walls will fall you will move on to the next closest opponent. Some of the battles may take longer than the last so even if you win you may have to wait. Whomever is the last left standing from each block will move on to the final battle. You may choose any weapons and use any magic, think of this as a battle to the death. Even though you can't really kill them you are to battle as if you could. Now begin." Magi waved her hand and the walls fell revealing their first opponents.