Chapter 6

Owlpaw was nervous as he leaped over the border stream into Windclan territory. The rest of the cats that were going to the gathering alongside him, including Hollypaw and Mintpaw, who strangely weren't talking for once, in fact, they had both been kind of quiet all day. Maybe they were just nervous about the gathering.

"What do you know about the gathering?" Ivypool quizzed as she walked up alongside her apprentice. Owlpaw thought for a moment before answering.

"It's when all the clans gather at the island on the night of the full moon and no one can fight each other because of the full moon truce." said Owlpaw, satisfied with his answers.

Soon the patrol arrived at the tree bridge that lead to the island. The tree's bark looked slippery and hard to walk on. Ivypool nudged Owlpaw towards the tree bridge, and he reluctantly hopped on. His paws almost slipped right out from under him, but he was barely able to keep his balance. Owlpaw unseathed his claws and dug them into the wood, then carefully placed one paw in front of the other.

When the trunk of the tree started splitting into branches. Owlpaw looked up from his paws and saw that he had made it to the other side. He jumped off and landed on the soft shore. Owlpaw paused to take in the scent of the island. he could smell the mingled scents of Windclan, Shadowclan, and Riverclan as well as the bushes and the wind from the lake.

He pushed his way through the undergrowth and emerged in a clearing with cats from all the clans talking and chatting. He looked up and saw three cats sitting in a big tree at the far side of the clearing. Owlpaw guessed that the large white tom with one black paw was Blackstar, the leader of Shadowclan, the small brown tom had to be Onestar, the Windclan leader, and the blue-gray she-cat was Mistystar, leader of Riverclan.

Owlpaw stood there looking around the clearing, not knowing what to do. Hollypaw and Mintpaw had already gone off somewhere, obviously not to nervous anymore. Then he heard a voice behind him.

"Hello! Is this your first gathering?" Owlpaw looked behind him and found himself staring into a pair of golden colored eyes. He had ginger tabby fur, and Owlpaw couldn't help but thinking how beautiful he looked in the moonlight.

"Well, are you just gonna stand there all night mouse-brain?" Owlpaw jolted out of his thoughts at the insult, but he could detect the playful teasing in his voice.

"Um, yeah, it's my first gathering." He answered.

"I'm Wildpaw, from Riverclan."

"I'm Owlpaw, from, uh, Thunderclan"

"Well Owlpaw, should I introduce you to the other apprentices?" Wildpaw asked.

"Yeah, that would be great!" At that, Wildpaw bounded off, and Owlpaw could tell why he was named Wildpaw. He followed him through the crowd of cats to a group of apprentices.

"Hey. This is Owlpaw of Thunderclan. Owlpaw, this is Fogpaw, Tanglepaw, Sunpaw, and Lightningpaw from Shadowclan, Eaglepaw and Spiritpaw from, Windclan, and its just me and my sister Spottedpaw from Riverclan." Wildpaw rattled off the names faster than he could remember them. Wow, this cat had lots of energy.

"Hello. Um I should probably go find my littermates, Hollypaw and Mintpaw now." He said, hopping to get out of this awkward situation.

"Oh, okay. Do u want me to help?" Wildpaw asked. Owlpaw almost turned him down, but then remembered how many cats were in the clearing.

"Yeah. Thanks!"