Chapter 4

Mintpaw opened her eyes and realized that she wasn't in her nest in the apprentices den. She was surrounded by a lush green forest with prey scents everywhere. She suddenly noticed a pure black she- cat with piercing green eyes coming towards her.

     "W-who are you?" She stammered as the cat came closer.

     "There is no need to fear, Mintpaw. I'm Hollyleaf. I'm sure My brother Lionblaze has told you about me." Mintpaw did remember the story of how Hollyleaf had exposed that her mother Leafpool had had kits against the medicine code with a cat from another clan. Hollyleaf then felt guilt and ran into the tunnels that are under  the clans territory's. She then returned to Thunderclan and sacrificed her life for Ivypool in the battle against the Dark Forest.

     "Does that mean I'm in Starclan? Wait, I'm not dead am I?" Mintpaw asked frantically.

     "No, your not dead. I have a prophecy for you Mintpaw."

     "A prophecy. Don't only medicine cats and leaders get prophecies?" Hollyleaf ignored her question.

     "Beware the dark breeze, Mintpaw. The fire must be saved, for the fate of the clans lays in the burning path." Hollyleaf's scent started to disappear as she walked away.

     "Wait Hollyleaf! Tell me what it means!"

     Mintpaw jerked awake in her nest and her dream came flooding back to her. What was she going to tell Owlpaw and Hollypaw?