🌸 16

[ Genji's POV ]

The air feels thick as I look into Hana's eyes. I watch her brow rise up slowly.

"You have haven't you!" Hana points a finger at my face as I try to remain calm. I look away from her, focusing on the road.

"Who was she?" Hana's tone more energetic as I try to avoid her eyes.

"I'm not telling you."

"Why not?" Hana frowns and I run my fingers through my hair. My heart racing insanely as I try to keep cool.

"She didn't feel the same way. So it's not worth mentioning who she is." My voice slightly hurt. Hana leans back in her seat with her arms crossed.

"Someone wasn't actually interested in you? I find that hard to believe." Hana murmurs as I look over to her.

"How come? If you didn't fall for Jack first would you fallen for me?"

The question I've been hesitating to ask her. I feel my chest tighten and my palms start to grow sweaty.

Hana doesn't say anything as she messes with her dress.

"Would I?" Hana whispers and I stop at another light. I sneak a glance at Hana. Her face scrunched up as she looks like she's in deep thought.

I finally see her honey brown eyes look into my emerald green ones. She bites her lower lip, clenching onto her dress.

"If I had confessed to you, would you have rejected me like Jack?"

My heart skips a beat and I feel like it's hard to breath. My fingers run through my jet black hair out of habit. I give Hana a smirk.

My voice low and husky, "Why don't you actually fall in love with me to find out?"

Hana's cheeks quickly turn a deep red. Shyly, she looks out of the window. Her hands lightly smacking her cheeks.

"I think you're having too much fun playing around with me." Hana whispers and my eyes twinkle.

"I'm not playing around though Hana."

Hana quickly looks over to me, disbelief written all over her face. My eyes stare deeply into hers and the light turns green but I don't dare break the moment.

"W-Wait, are you asking me to fall in love with you?" Hana stutters and I shrug.

"I'll let you interpret it the way you want."

"You can't play with our feelings Chief." Hana's tone a bit more serious when I drive the car again.

"I know. But I'm willing to have my heart broken from this little game we'll have." I glance at Hana with a small smile.

Hana stares at me and I watch her cheeks turn a shade red.

"Whatever..." Hana weakly whispers under her breath.

The remaining duration of the ride is quiet.

🌸

[ Hana's POV ]

I'm busily distracting myself at my desk the next morning as my mind only thinks about Genji. 

That stupid smile on his face last night...ugh. Does he really mean it when he wants us to fall in love with each other? Love isn't something you can force on each other, right?

"Hana~ Earth to Hana~" Lena waves a hand over my face and I feel a slight pinch on my cheeks. "You're going to get wrinkles quickly if you keep scrunching your face together."