🌸 09

The next morning I wake up and grab the notes that I tossed on the floor from last night. 

I need to go to these homes to tell the relatives about the success of imprisoning the murderer.

I quickly wash up and throw on a pair of jeans, a blouse, and a pair heels. Walking by my dresser, I grab my purse for the keys to lock my apartment door and head for the subway station. 

The ride feels quicker than normal as I walk up the subway staircase out to the city. I glance at my phone at the GPS and slowly walk into a busy neighborhood. The children wait by a bus stop heading to school and a few parents see them off.

I find the first home fairly quick. Feeling nervous I knock on the door. An elder woman opens the door with an elder man right behind her.

"Good morning mam." I say in a bright tone as she smiles at me. Showing her my police ID, I tell her that I'm here to deliver the news about the murderer of her daughter and son in law.

The tears in her eyes come flooding as her husband rubs her back. 

"Thank you dear." She says in between tears as her shaky hands hold my small ones. "We're forever grateful to you and your team." I smile at her as I rub her hands to comfort her. I exchange a few words to the couple before seeing them off and head towards the other relatives. 

The morning cool air now turning a bit hotter as noon arrives. I take a break and rest at a bus stop. I notice in the corner of my eye when someone else sits a few inches away from me. A man in a business suit with a briefcase sits beside me. His face a bit beat up and I realize he looks familiar.

 His face a bit beat up and I realize he looks familiar

*picture belongs to the rightful owner* 

The man mumbles something beside me, "You look beautiful out of your uniform." His tone extremely deep compared to Jacks and Genji's. 

It must be him. 

I turn to look at him as he turns his gaze to me. The gashes on his face lightly faded as I stare at them. 

"It's not nice to stare at my scars." He chuckles as I grow shy and look elsewhere.

"So you know who I am?" I say softly. He leans forward with his hands folded. 

"Somewhat. You work for the police, right?" He asks as I hesitate to answer. "I noticed Jack beside you. Looks like he's doing well." 

This is Gabriel Reyes. The man Genji and Jack were talking about. But why is he in a suit? Is he not with Talon?

"I saw you three snooping out my neighborhood last night. You might want to do a better job at hiding yourselves." He says as he looks ahead of him. 

There's no way anyone would know we were scoping out. We made sure of it. So how did he know? 

"How did you know that we were out yesterday night? Were you actually hoping we'd come back?" I say to him as his eyes widen briefly before he chuckles and looks at me.