🌸 14

After our shift, the three of us head downstairs to clock out with Angela.

"Make sure you get home safe." Jack whispers to Angela as she looks at the three of us. I stand a bit closer to Genji. Angela returns her gaze to Jack.

"Are the three of you going somewhere?" She asks as Genji cuts Jack off.

"Late night case cracking time. Sorry to steal your boyfriend away." 

Jack glares at Genji for speaking a bit too loud as I try not to laugh. Angela hands us our ID's and I quickly leave the three. 

"Let's go Chiefs." I say aloud, stepping out of the building. 

Angela watches me leave as she looks at the two. "Looks like Hana isn't playing nice cadet anymore." 

"She's playing badass cadet from now on. Didn't you see her new hairstyle?" Genji says as he hides his small smile. Jack squints his eyes at Genji.

"I have a strange feeling that you're influencing our cadet in the wrong direction." 

Genji scoffs at Jack and walks away. 

"At least I didn't break her heart." Genji jabs at Jack. Jack groans under his breath. He gives Angela a quick kiss on the forehead before following Genji out. 

I wait for the two outside an uneasiness rumbling in my chest. 

"Someone's in a hurry." Genji says to me. 

"Let's hurry and find a store to get our disguises." I say to him. Genji nods his head.

The three of us head towards the parking garage and break off into two groups. Jack rides in his own car and I tag along with Genji. The two of us enter his car and he starts it up. 

"You really don't want to be near him at all, do you?" Genji asks me as I purse my lips.

"Do I even need to answer that question?" 

Genji gives a light chuckle. He reverses the car out of the parking spot and exits out of the garage. 

"I told you two that you need to patch things up before the party. I can't have this hostile environment while I'm off playing rich boy with Olivia." 

I frown to myself and look out the window. 

"Maybe I'll play rich girl and say Jack's just my bodyguard. Do you think people will fall for that?" I ask Genji who chuckles. 

"Don't forget your mission in tonight's case. Find out their connections to Olivia. We all know she's probably boosting up their popularity but we don't know why there's weapons involved." 

"I actually thought about that...why don't I ask Gabriel upfront? I think he's the one selling them and not her. I don't think Olivia wants to get her hands dirty either besides hacking of course." 

Genji slowly nods his head in realization. "I'm not sure if he'll be there though."

"Let's hope he will. He's told me before that he's being constantly watched."