The Ex-Factor!

Beginne am Anfang

Ishwari fondly hugged her Son, as she entered the Boses' residence and as she unlocked herself from him, Soumya pounced on Dev, squealing, "Bhaaaiiiii!!! I missed you soooo much!!!" Dev ever-so-lovingly hugged back his dear sister, replying, "I missed you too Kiddo!!!" Soumya semi-ran to her Bhaabi dearest - Sonakshi - and engulfed in her bone-crushing hug. "Careful!", Dev said to Soumya, seeing her nearly pounce on Sona, as Sona still had not completely recovered from her fever. Soumya royally ignored Dev, right in his face, making him roll his eyes in exasperation! Before the bro-sis duo could get into a squabble, Ishwari sat next to Sona and asked, "How are you Baccha!?", caressing Sona's hair and face, just like Asha and Anjali would. "I am feeling extremely better than before Maa! Dev must have given you a blown-out-of-proportion description of my ill health! I am fine!", replied Sonakshi making others chuckle; passing Dev a sly smile to which he made a bad face. "That's great to know!", Ishwari replied sincerely.

Ever since Ishwari had met Sonakshi at the Malhotra Mansion on the fateful day a couple of months back, she had felt a strong connection with the young lady, who for her, was not just her son's wife (to be) or her daughter-in-law but her daughter in all true senses.
"Mom, since Bhai is back, Bhaabi's health had to get back to normal, na!?", Ishwari's chain of thoughts was broken by the Little Devil in the name of Soumya herself; who was busy passing a wicked grin at the duo in question - DevAkshi - who blushed at Soumya's statement! Sona dug her face into her palms, still blushing at Soumya's comment, and smiled heartily at it.
Oh how he loved it when she blushed, the reason being him or something related to him!
Later when Dev saw Sona head to the kitchen to fetch water for herself, he too stealthily walked off; leaving Soumya alone with the two chatty women! Lord bless her poor soul!
Sona was gulping down on her glass of water, when someone - Dev - blew air on her earlobe from behind, making her almost choke on the water. But knowing who it was, she turned around to face the culprit; only to be startled and hold on the kitchen platform, for Dev was standing dangerously close to her, which made her go weak in her knees in an instant! He caged his hands on either side of hers, on the kitchen platform, holding her captive in his gaze! They had been pretty close, she thought; not that she minded it, but she wanted to know what Dev felt about the same!
"Dev? You don't think that we are rushing into things, do you?", Sona asked Dev, her voice laced with nervousness! Guilt masked his handsome face as he thought that he made Sona uncomfortable with his actions. "Sorry Sonakshi!", Dev said, his head hung low. Making him look at her, she asked, "And what exactly are you sorry for? And why?", Sona asked Dev. "I made you uncomfortable, didn't I?", Dev asked, really confused about her talks. He could be too innocent for his good at times, she thought! "No Dev! I am not uncomfortable with you! You are the one with whom I am the most comfortable! I was asking about you! I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or regret our physical intimacy?!!", replied Sona boldly. "With you, Miss Sonakshi Bijoy Bose...to be Mrs. Sonakshi Dev Dixit; I am sure that I won't regret one damn thing!", Dev said, making Sona's heart swell in happiness at his words. She kissed him on his lips to express what she felt! He carefully lifted Sona and made her sit on the kitchen platform, thus getting better access to her mouth. Sona laced her fingers through his soft locks as the kiss got intense. After breaking the kiss, Dev flicked a lock of Sona's hair behind her ear and buzzed her forehead.
Soumya had left the besties - Asha and Ishwari - behind when she noticed that Dev and Sona were missing. Suspecting them to be together, she walked off, when she remembered that Sona heading to the kitchen, being thirsty; and was pretty sure that her brother would be with her lovely sister-in-law. So, she made her way to the kitchen; but what she saw was enough to stop her dead in her tracks and her jaw to drop to the floor; her Bhai and Bhaabi were quite literally sucking each other's faces! Placing a palm on her eyes, she immediately turned around; the image of DevAkshi's kiss, forever burnt onto her not-so-innocent mind!! Even though the thought of it made her cringe, she was glad that DevAkshi was making good progress in their relationship. But, but, but...why in the universe would she miss any chance to pull DevAkshi's leg!!
"Yeh kitchen hai!", a mocking taunt came from outside the kitchen - from Soumya - thus startling DevAkshi and making the duo blush profusely! Adding further to their misery, Soumya said, "I promise you two... maine kuch nahi dekha! And are you guys in a decent position so I can come in?!" Dev and Sonakshi's expressions were worth a watch, at that very moment! Soumya dramatically turned about and entered the kitchen, peeking through her fingers and DevAkshi just rolled their eyes at the Drama Queen that she was!
"OMG!!! Look at your faces in the mirror you both! Dono tomatoes se bhi zyada laal lag rahe ho! (Both of you look redder than tomatoes!)", Soumya said, laughing at DevAkshi's expense. Before she could say anything else to embarrass them further, Dev held his hands up in mock surrender and fled to the living room saying, "You girls continue! I am off to talk to Maa!" Seeking an opportunity to tease Sona, Soumya began saying, "By the way Bhaabi...", only to be cut off by Sona, who held her ear and gave it a slight twist; making Soumya yelp a bit; and said, "Don't you dare tease your Bhai or me...or else I will tell him about Parth!", in a serious tone; but the mischievous twinkle in her eyes gave everything away! Now Sona laughed at Soumya's horrified expressions!
How smartly had Sona managed to turn the tables in her favor!
Soumya passed a grumpy look to Sona, who chuckled at her sister-in-law; who was more of a sister to her!
After a bout of friendly banter between them, Sona and Soumya went to the living room to join the rest. Dev, along with Ishwari and Soumya, stayed over for lunch, much to Sona and Asha's delight. The rest of their day passed in a blur, with lots of family time and Sona being showered with oodles of love from Ishwari, Soumya, and Dev; and also some secret romance between DevAkshi. Anant too had called up to check on Sona and she felt touched by the concern her 'Dad' had for her.