Chapter 18 (Time outs)

"What are you doing?" I frowned entering the living room to see Blaze watching cartoons.

He jumped up guilty and quickly turned off the tv. I crossed my arms and stared at him as he looking down.

"You know you can't watch tv your in trouble remember?" I said tightly.

"It was already on" He said quickly giving me wide eyes.

I scoffed and pointed to the stairs. "Bedroom young man"

He pouted but didn't protest. I shook my head as he ran up the stairs. Yesterday my uncle had stormed into the kitchen as we'd been eating breakfast his face covered in green marker.

I'd tried really hard not laugh as my uncle glared at Blaze who was infact laughing so hard his face was turning red.

For a six year old he reallly did seem smarter.

"What happen to your face?" Shadow asked confused.

"That stupid brat drawed on my face!" He yelled angrily his body shaking. Ambria giggled and covered her mouth. "I helped!" she said between her giggles.

Some of my uncle's anger wilted at that seeing as it was impossiable for him to be angry at her.

"I still blame you" Leo growled glaring at Blaze. Blaze stuck his tongue out smug.

"Blaze" Shadow warned making Blaze look down.

"You look pretty!" Ambria yelled clapping her hands. My uncle's face softened and sighed heavily.

"Why don't you help me wash it off Angel" my uncle sighed. Ambria nodded eagerly and slid out her high chair. When he picked her up she started to tell him which line she'd drawn and that the one on his forehead was a flower.

Shadow of course punished Blaze taking away the TV and that he wasnt allowed to use Shadow's phone anymore.

"Lena?" I turned around to see Simon with a large bag thrown over his shoulder. My smiled faltered as i realised he was leaving. I rushed to him and hugged him tightly feeling tears press at the back of my eyes.

"You'll come back right?" I asked softly.

"Of course. Your my bestfriend and of course theres Ambria"

I hugged him even tighter and whsipered softly. "Be safe."

A angry growl had me pulling back. Shadow jerked me back sharply agaisnt his chest. Simon smiled at him unfazed.

"I'm going to go say bye to Ambria" He said with a sad smile. I nodded and soon as he was gone I turned to face Shadow.

"You love to push me dont you?" He asked his eyes flickering with his wolf.

"I was just saying goodbye" i said softly.

"Did you have to be touching?" He asked frowning. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Yes Shadow because when your bestfriend is leaving and probably not returning for a couple years you hug them."

"I dont hug my friends" He frowned.

I groaned and pulled out his arms only to see my uncle carrying a crying Ambria. Blaze who must have bat ears came running down the stairs.

My uncle had sat down on the couch one hand rubbing her back the other holding her head on his shoulder. He spoke softly telling her everything was going to be okay.

Blaze moved onto the couch and grabbed Ambria's limp hand his face worried.

A couple mintues later my brother trailed in with their mates. Ambria finally had calmed down and was now asleep. Blaze still clutched her hand his eyes locked on her face.