Chapter 14 (Rejection)

Shadow P.O.V

I woke up feeling empty but I shrugged it off. Taking a shower and washing off I did my morning routine feeling that weird emptiness.

I walked down stairs feeling my pack's gaze on me. I frowned and looked around but everyone quickly looked away from me not meeting my gaze.

As I grabbed my coffee I grew annoyed as I felt everyone's eyes on me again.

"What are you all looking at" I growled turning around.

"Nothing Alpha" They mumbled respectfully.

I growled and stomped out the room. Blaze suddenly came from no where and attacked my legs. I stumbled slightly and quickly put my coffee down and bent down so my eyes were level with his.

"Blaze buddy whats wrong?" I asked noticing the tears on his face.

"M-Mommy's gone! She's gone and it's all my fault!" He yelled fresh tears shining  in his eyes.

My mind blanked and my breathing stopped.

The emptiness.

Then just like that I was in motion. With a roar I ran up the stairs and entered her room her scent faint. Panic consumed me as I saw her dresser drawers open with nothing inside. Her closet held a few things but I knew. She was gone.

I roared and punched the wall rage and grief pouring through me.

My mate had left me. She left without a word and I deserved it.

I grabbed a lamp and threw it across the room watching as it shattered to a million pieces. After that it seemed as if I couldn't stop. I flipped the bed and tore the curtains down. I punched the mirror  taking the pain as the glass sliced my skin. I crushed the dresser into splinters. I destroyed everything in sight my grief pouring from me. My beautiful little mate was gone. Maybe forever.

The door flew open and my beta and third quickly grabbed me forcing me to the ground. I snarled and roared wanting blood. My mate was gone and my wolf was in blood lust. I attakced them with rage not caring as thier blood coating my hands.

Suddenly the pack doctor entered the room and I  threw the doctor across the room knowing he was trying to sedate me.

I charged out the room my thoughts racing. When I heard my son on the phone I paused.

"I love you too mommy" He sniffled. 

I ran forward and ripped it out of his hand.

" Lena baby wait please let me talk" I rushed but she had already hung up.

I crushed the phone in my hand watching as it broke into pieces.

My son backed away from me his face scared.

"What you going to leave too? She's never coming back Blaze not for you. Not for me" I snarled my wolf in control now.

Tears welled in my sons eyes but I didn't even feel guilty.

I stormed out the house ignoring the frightened stares of my pack. Soon as I reached the back porch I fell to the ground my body shaking. I screamed in pain as my wolf yelled at me.

"My mate left because you. You stupid pathetic human! She was perfect she was everything!" He roared.

I felt it then. My wolf rejecting me.

When a wolf rejects its human the human dies. The wolf can find another body and try to find its soul mate again but it's never a sure thing so most wolves hope their chosen human can make things right. My wolf apparently was willing to take the risk of not finding Lena again.