Chapter 35

Ryder was looking at some fruits with Zuma and Thunder next to him. Today was Wednesday and tomorrow was Ryder's heat meaning that they'll be planning to have a baby and Ryder couldn't help but chuckle. They told the pups what was happening and their faces were in disbelief and excitement. Skye, Thunder, Rocky, and Rubble were the ones that were excited while Chase, Zuma, and Marshall were in disbelief. 

"What has you smiling brightly Ryder?" Mayor Goodway said looking at Ryder who turns to the mayor.

"Oh, Mayor Goodway." Ryder smiled purring happily when she rubbed his hair. "Just thinking about something." 

Ryder and Hendry decide not to tell anyone about the pregnancy yet because they wanted to make sure that he'll be able to get pregnant in his heat. If not then their always next time.

"Of course! Couples now and days. Being happy and all." She smiles while looking at Zuma and Thunder. "Where is Hendry?" 

Ryder chuckle knowing that Hendry's dog instincts were telling him to make sure everything was safe and sound when Ryder's heat comes and that they had a comfortable nest to mate. 

"He's busy. I'm just shopping." Ryder said looking at Mayor Goodways.

"Oh, that's good to know. Would you like some help? Chickaletta is with her friends so I have time to spare." Mayor Goodway smiled.

"Of course." Ryder smiled.

~Watchtower~

"It is just crazy how Ryder is gonna be carrying your pups, Hendry!" Rocky said smiling brightly.

"Yeah, and it's baby for us. We have to be patient until tomorrow depends on how long his heat is. Cats heat cycles are usually 1-3 weeks. Some are short like 1 day or as long as 7 days. If the queen is not mated during estrus, she will "go out of heat" for a short period of time, usually 1-3 weeks." Hendry said while fixing their nest.

"Wow...cats are just..wow," Skye said looking shocked. "Us female dogs heat usually lasts between 2-4 weeks. Nothing more." 

"Sheesh I have more respect for toms now," Marshall said shaking his head.

Hendry laughed at the pup's reaction and smiled when he felt proud of the nest and stood up. Chase looked at Hendry whose tail was wagging happily and chuckle.

"Your really looking forward to this heat aren't you." Chase smirk.

"Of course Chase. Ryder and I both decided to have a baby together." Hendry said smiling.

"You know that sometimes you can't get pregnant on the first heat," Rocky said looking at Hendry.

"Will if he doesn't then well have to wait until a next heat comes again and try again but I doubt we won't get a baby on this heat." Hendry smirk.

"Ooohhh I can't wait to see the pup!" Rubble bark happily. "It makes me wonder what the pup is gonna look like."

"That so true!! I hope he/she has your eyes, Hendry." Skye bark happily.

"Hehee yeah, I rather have my baby have Ryder's brown eyes. These purple eyes are.....something." Hendry said looking away but smile. "But either way I will love this child more than anything."

~Foggy Bay~

Mayor Humdinger smirk evilly knowing that tomorrow will be the day he will take Ryder away from Adventure Bay and keep him as a pet for his son. He looks back to see his son petting the firefighter kitten, who was close to her heat, rubbing herself around his leg.

"Don't worry my son. I will get Ryder for you and I will be able to take over Adventure Bay." Mayor Humdinger said.

"I also can't wait to touch that beautiful body that my brother had touch already. I'll be the one to make Ryder carry my child." Humdinger's son said to the kittens who smirk at him. "Can't wait to break Hendry heart in half and his prize jewel." 

Mayor Humdinger still hasn't figured out that his son, Hendry was going out with Ryder because he didn't pay attention to him to much. Lucky Humdinger's other son did. Oh, he paid attention to everything and he was planning so many things to destroy his stupid brother and ruin his mate and his life.

~Watchtower~

Ryder sighed when he was back home and looked at the two pups who were smiling brightly too.

"Come on. We should get these inside." Ryder chuckles and walks inside.

They went inside the elevator and step out when it open. Ryder put the bags on the island and purred happily when he felt his mate arms around his waist and holding him close.

"How was the shopping? From your scent, I can tell Mayor Goodway help." Hendry said making Ryder chuckle.

"It was okay. Mayor Goodway help me because she wanted too." Ryder turns around and kisses his lover who growled and kissed back.

"I can smell your heat getting close," Hendry whisper making Ryder blush.

"O-Oh.," Ryder said softly.

Hendry smiled and looked at Ryder in his brown eyes and smile softly.

"Are you sure you want to go with this. We can always try later." Hendry said making Ryder look at him.

"N-No! I-I want this. Just a little bit nervous." Ryder said making his lover chuckle.

"Hey, it's normal to be nervous. Not everyone is gonna be a pro at being pregnant." Hendry chuckle.

Ryder rolled his eyes and went to put away the grocery with Hendry help. The pups were playing pup pup boogie. They were having fun watching Skye beat Chase, Zuma, and Marshall. She was playing with Thunder, who manage to stay with her and passed her last high score making her nervous. Hendry was there later cheering for his friend and Ryder was doing the same with Skye. They spent their day cheering and playing the game including the masters and they were having a blast.  Sadly the sun was setting and the pups and masters were now watching a scary movie that was ending. Hendry was being hugged by Ryder, Chase and Rocky fell asleep, Skye and Thunder were so into the movie, Rubble was hiding behind his pillow, Zuma and Marshall were also knock out too. Finally, the movie ended with a sad ending making Skye whine in disappointment. 

"Oh come on that was pathetic. They should have survived!" Skye growled.

"Okay okay. Pups head to bed." Hendry said waking the pups up. "Also be ready. Tomorrow is Ryder's heat. We won't be able to answer any calls if his heat comes early in the morning."

The pups nod their heads and they all head to their room leaving their masters alone. Hendry smiled and looked at Ryder who was rubbing himself on the beanbag and smile softly at him while blushing.

"S-Sorry...I don't know why I do this." Ryder said softly.

"It's fine. It just means your close to your heat." Hendry said nuzzling Ryder's face.

"Okay." Ryder purred and nuzzle back.

__________________________________________________________________

A/N: Everyone is gonna HATE Mayor Humdinger, and his unknown son. No, you'll mostly HATE the son the most. I have terrible plans for what he's gonna do to Ryder. It's gonna be so much angst and pain to my eyes that tears will fall. TvT