Chapter 18

~Four Days Later~

The team was home and they were back to saving people and things will beside Rocky and Hendry. Rocky was fully healed but sadly he had a protective mate that wouldn't let him do anything too hard for him even if Ryder told him it was alright for Rocky to do rescues now. Hendry buries were now purple and blue and his ribs weren't that fully heal but he was able to move around without no pain but he could be lifting weight for about another week making him groan.

"Ryder, I need to work out to have this good ton body." Hendry sigh making Ryder chuckle.

"Hey now. If it makes anything better was gonna watches the baby turtles hatching today." Ryder said happily making Hendry stop and smile at Ryder.

"Fine. That's actually good news. I always wanted to watch them hatch out and crawl into the ocean." Hendry said while pulling his shirt over him but stop when he looked in the mirror.

He glares at the purple and blue bruises on his front. He had four buries on his front two on his right side and on his back, there was a huge bruise that was yellow in the middle, and purple around the yellow mix with blue. His eyes were dull and he had no expression while looking at that terrible bruise but his face expression soften when he felt soft hands on his back making him look at Ryder not even moving his body.

"I.....I'm sorry..... I wasn't fast enough to prevent this..." Ryder said softly looking at the bruise with sadness and hurt.

Hendry sigh and turn around hugging his lover and holding him close feeling him hug back making him smile.

"Hey, I'm just glad that you're not hurt or anything. I'm already used to my dad abusing me, I just hoped you didn't get hurt by him." Hendry said and kiss Ryder who let a tear fall and kiss him back.

They keep kissing until they needed air and pull back taking a soft breath and Hendry smiled at him and went to grab his white shirt and put it on carefully cause it hurt him whenever he moves his arms too much.

"Come on. We should get going. I bet the pups are wondering why we aren't down there yet." Hendry chuckle putting his arm around Ryder's shoulder.

"O-Okay.." Ryder smiled and walk with Hendry.

~Outside the WatchTower~

"Ack!!" Rocky yelp when Zuma and Rubble accidentally crashed into him.

Skye and Marshall looked at each other with fear because they know how protective Chase has been acting around Rocky that they rush to help Rocky before Chase gets back.

"ARE YOU TWO CRAZY!!" Skye bark while pushing Zuma off.

"Yeah! Were not ready to get killed by Chase!!" Marshall said help Rubble.

Zuma and Rubble gulp and jump off Rocky who groan and stood up wobbly and shook himself. The pups looked around and spotted Chase with Thunder coming this way making them panic.

"Rocky are you okay!?" Zuma and Skye said together.

"How many paws am I holding?" Marshall said.

"What Ryder's name?" Rubble ask.

Rocky just looked at his friend and then at Rubble with disbelief. He sighs and answers each of their questions.

"Yes, I'm fine, Marshall that's your whole paw and Rubble you're just said Ryder's name." Rocky sigh and smiled when he saw Chase and Thunder running to them.

"What happen!?" Chase bark making the other pups yelp and jump around screaming nothing.

"Huh, you guys are making it obese that something did happen." Thunder said making all the pups glare at him.

"Pups," Chase growled.

"It was there fault!! I and Skye were in no part of it!!!" Marshall broke while Skye smacks her face.

Zuma and Rubble looked at Marshall in disbelief and Rocky just rolled his eyes and walk towards Chase who looked confused and angry.

"Calm down cop dog. They accidentally crash into me." Rocky smiled making Chase look at Rocky worried and glare at Zuma and Rubble.

"Well talk later," Chase said and went to check on Rocky who was pushing Chase away playfully.

"Alright, pups! let's get going....what happen?" Ryder asks seeing Rubble hiding behind Skye and Zuma growling at Marshall who was whining and saying sorry. 

"Drama..." Skye sigh while Thunder nod.

"Okay....ummm pups enough of this foolishness and let us get going to the location of the hatchling," Hendry said looking at the pups.

They stop on whatever they were doing and they all bark in agreement with Hendry who just chuckles and shook his head in disbelief. Ryder sigh and wave his hand at the pups who they soon started following the masters to the location.

~The Beach~

Ryder smiled when he saw half of Adventure Bay people here with their flashlight because the sun was already setting and everyone was just eating and watching the eggs. The pups all bark happily making Ryder chuckle.

"Alright pup finds us a nest that we can help while I and Hendry will get us some flashlights," Ryder said watching the pups nod and go look for a nest.

Hendry chuckle when he saw Thunder trip and fall but got back up and go after the others. He then followed Ryder but notice he was talking to Katie. He frowns and jogged towards him and stop when he got close to them.

"Katie...what a surprise," Hendry said making Katie glare at him.

"Anyways Ryder I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I heard about Mayor Humdinger kidnapping you and Hendry." Katie said looking t Ryder.

"Y-Yeah were okay. Thanks for your concern." Ryder smiles softly.

"Yeah....anyways. Can I talk to Hendry alone?" Katie asks making Ryder look at him.

He nods his head and kisses Ryder's forehead watching him leave. He knew that Katie was watching him and he sighed and turned around to looked at Katie.

"What do you want, Katie?" Hendry growl.

"I want you to know that I'm not planning to hurt Ryder. I was thinking about doing that but I couldn't bring myself to do it cause I care for him. I know it wasn't his fault that he fell in love with you..." Katie said making Hendry's face got soft.

"Katie.." Hendry said but stop when Katie looked at him with anger.

"It was YOUR fault! You went after Ryder, starting dating him and now look what happens! You got him hurt, he got kidnap by YOUR father!" Katie shouted making Hendry's eyes go wide. "Yes, I know Mayor Humdinger is your stupid father. You better break up with Ryder because if your father finds out your dating him. He's gonna use Ryder and hurt him to get to you or worst! If I still see you around Ryder I swear I will cause you pain in your life then your stupid father can cause." 

Katie pushes Hendry rough not knowing she touches one of the bruises rough and left. Hendry groans and held his chest trying to breathe but he couldn't he ran out the beach leaving Ryder and the pups and heading somewhere far from the beach. Ryder got the flashlight but look around no able to find Hendry anywhere. He got worried but gasp when the pups were calling Ryder to hurry and bring the flashlights. He went to the pups and let them use the flashlight, he couldn't leave the pups alone with the baby turtles but he looked around holding his flashlight tight trying to find Hendry.

"Hey, Ryder where's Hendry?" Thunder asks worriedly.

"H-He probably went to the bathroom don't worry," Ryder said comforting Thunder who smiled and went to help the pups walk the turtles to the ocean.

Hendry was leaning on a building in the back and was on the floor sitting trying to gain his breathing under control but couldn't because he was also crying and he was holding his ribs because of how he was breathing harsh and it was killing him. He looked down not caring about the pain and closed his eyes letting himself cry.

"W-What a-am I-I s-suppose to d-do...." Hendry sob.