brother, brother

❝ I remember you, Cally

Our parents,
who we where before WICKED.
All of that stuff. ❞

xx. BROTHER, BROTHER

╳╳╳

FOR CALLY, HEARING DES' VOICE made her feel like the world was going to end. It didn't, but it sure felt like it.

Walking out of the large tent and into the blazing sun of mid-day, Cally couldn't take her eyes off the of the boy. Her mind couldn't decipher how they could be related. She couldn't see herself in him one bit. But, if she thinks about it, when was the last time she actually looked at herself in a mirror?

Following Des' lead, the two of them walk straight through the camp. Unlike earlier, people have started to buzz around the camp. Their gazes landing on the two as they journey across the courtyard.

"Where's Vince?" Cally asked in the hardest toned voice she could muster up. Stopping herself at the edge of the camp when she notices that Des isn't leading her to the long blonde haired man.

Continuing to take a few steps to distance himself and Cally. Des finally turns himself around to come face to face with his long lost little sister. His breath hitches in his throat when he finally realized what he was doing. "I don't know."

"You told me Vince wanted to see me. What—"

"We need to talk, Cally." The girl's eyes widened. Her mouth still hanging open from not being able to finish her sentence, "I know that you remember." Des almost whispers as if he didn't want anyone else to hear their conversation.

Cally takes a long pause, her gaze slowly falling onto the ground. But it's way down, her attention is drawn to his hands, many jagged white marks cover them. All the way up to the beginning of his black long sleeves, probably farther.

"How do you remember, though? Were you stung?" Des questioned, taking a step forward toward Cally.

Stung? Cally didn't even know what he meant. "What?"

"Did one of those creatures in the maze get you?" His light blue eyes scanned Cally's face. But just the mention of the maze makes her wonder.

But when he doesn't get what he needed, Des throws his head into his hands in pure exhaustion. "Never mind."

The taller boy tries to make his way past Cally, his arm colliding with her shoulder. But, thankful of her fast reflexes, the brown haired girl grabs onto her Brother's clearly scarred forearm. "Don't walk away from me. What happened to your arm?"