tagged

❝ I'm sorry, hermano

❝ I'm sorry, hermano. Looks like you're tagged. You came from WICKED. Which means... you're very valuable. ❞

ii. TAGGED

╳╳╳

"LETS GO." BRENDA GRABS CALLY'S shoulder as she walks past her, not giving the girl the chance to look back. Venny falls in behind them, trailing behind the group as they walk away from the Cranks inside the room that the kids had come through. The smell of rotting flesh and mold fade away the further they get, then slowly the smell of sweat finds its way back into the girl's nostrils again.

"Look at them, they look like as if they've been through Hell," Brenda whispers to Cally as they walk through the orange lit area. The walls are made out of tan stone, this is just one of the many entrances to the main living area of the facility.

Cally draws her eyebrows together and looks over at Brenda. Confused as if she was talking to herself or to Cally for a second. She looks back, it's a pack 6-7 boys. All of their faces are cut and bruised, one of them has a deep cut beside their nose. A boy who looks to be the tallest of the group, the one with scorched hair and burnt skin, looks to be walking fine, she guesses this is the one who gets struck. There is only one female is in the group, her dark wavy hair is stuck to the side of her oval face, her eyes are locked on Cally and it allows for the girls to examine each other. Cally would look away, but she finds her stunning. Curiosity and concern fill her crystal blue eyes. She's in the middle of the boys, like their protecting her. But from what Cally can see, she doesn't need protecting.

"Those things back there, what are they?" It takes a minute before one of them decides to speak. But Cally doesn't know whose mouth the words came from, due to the fact she was watching the girl.

Cally examines Brenda for a split second, she wants to know if Brenda will answer for her. They both stop at the door, her hand resting on the rusted handle that leads to the main area in the building, the glass behind it is fogged and disgusting. "You're not from around here, are you?" Brenda questions, all of them shake their heads, it's obvious that they aren't. By now they would know what a Crank is.

"Figures." Brenda pushes open the door, the metal sliding on the floor making a sound similar to nails on a chalkboard. As they walk towards the stairs, mostly men are awake, their scarred and dirty faces watch them walk through, sizing all of them up, but none of them dare to make a move.

With the girls still leading they make their way to the stairs. As soon as Cally steps onto the first rusted step, Barkley's voice booms. Rolling her eyes, Cally turns around to see Barkley, with his face into the lightning boy's. "Since when did we start letting just anyone come into here?"