stop one

❝ It's hard to wake up from a nightmare if you aren't even asleep, Cal

nightmare if you aren't
even asleep, Cal. ❞

xviii. STOP ONE

╳╳╳

EXACTLY TWO WEEKS AFTER TERESA sold out the Right Arm and her friends to WICKED, everyone has slowly regained themselves. Meaning, everything that happened that night has finally started to settle, allowing for everyone to continue with their normal lives.

But, not so much for Vince, he has still barely spoke to anyone besides Thomas. The two of them working together to find a way to get their friends back and kill Ava Paige. Day and night, barely resting, those two haven't have a good nights sleep since WICKED attacked.

Cally in these past two weeks has got exceptionally better. Ever since the night after the betrayal and destruction with Newt, she has found herself a solstice. Even if she went admit it to herself, the British boy has really grown on her.

Apart from that, Cally is sitting beside Frypan, the two of them enjoying the warmth from the fire just a few feet away. It's going to be night soon, it's obvious from the way the sun has already started it's decent behind the towering cliffs.

In her small hands, Cally holds the automatic pistol that Ria gave to her. The girl misses her friends in waves. One minute she would be perfectly fine, laughing it up with Frypan and whatever else is left of her friends. But next, she would be down in the dumps rethinking that night, replaying everything.

The dark skinned boy beside her is wiping his shotgun with the sleeve of his jacket, it's sitting horizontal across his lap. Frypan's left calloused hand resting on the barrel, keeping it steady. As he does this, he's speaking to Harriet. Meanwhile, Cally has the two of them zoned out while she unloads and reloads the handgun.

Pushing into the release and catching the clip, then knocking it back into the bottom of the gun. The clicking and snapping is all she can near. Staring off into space, her dark eyebrows drawn together as if she's thinking something through, she isn't though. She's just itching for action, to use that gun.

"Gunslinger, Earth to Gunslinger!"

The words flow into her ears, slowly fading from nothing from a boisterous manly voice making Cally quickly turn her head to the side. Her eyes gazing across Frypan's face, she had almost forgotten his presence. "Chill, Fry. I'm here."

A smile works it's way on Frypans face. Cally can't help but mimic it. That nickname has surely grown on her, Hell, Cally wouldn't admit it but she loves that name.

It reminds her of when she met her friends. How when at first glance she would have never known that they would become so close in such a short time. This thought brings on a large amount of happiness into Cally, she's just astonished on how she once had no idea of their existence.