"Good job." I smiled, nodding at him. "Now you go," I said.

"Alright," He recrossed his ankles and looked up to the ceiling. "I don't wear my shoes around the house, I prefer cold showers over hot ones and I currently have my legs in the lap of a pretty girl," he said with a light smile.

I shut my eyes as I smiled, my cheeks instantly turning red. It was obvious what his lie was and he made it clear that he was telling the truth when he had said I was pretty. It didn't help either that Luke was now giggling along with me. I opened my eyes to find him with a smug smile across his face.

"I'm guessing that your lie was the first one." I said, biting back my bottom lip to keep myself from bushing even more. It was actually ridiculous how horribly I reacted to any form of compliments.

"Correct, Andy Emerson." He pulled his legs off my lap and scooted down to my end of the couch. I was leaning into the corner, watching as he neared me.

"You're still a bad liar." I told him, locking eyes with him.

"I'm sure you are too." He mumbled, placing a hand on either side of me. My breath hitched as he came closer to me. "And you're even cuter when you're nervous." He smiled, gazing down at me from only a few inches away from me.

"I'm not feeling too nervous." I told him, tilting my head back just a little.

"You're still blushing," He whispered, the tip of his tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth. He moved back away from me, now sitting eye level with me. He smiled, "I'm glad I have that affect on you."

-

"Ands!" Someone shouted as I was walking towards homeroom. I turned around to find Ashton running towards me. I stopped in the middle of the hall so he could catch up to me which only led to me getting pushed by other students.

I started walking once he got to my side, "What's up?" I asked, weaving through the sea of students.

"First of all, I asked Blair to prom," he said, trying to catch his breathing after running and pushing past people. I grabbed onto his arm immediately and nearly squealed from the information.

"Really? What'd she say? Wait, no, how'd you do it?" I asked, clearly excited that he actually jumped on the opportunity and went through with it.

"Well, I asked her this morning, actually. I told her if she wanted to go meetup before school started at the coffee place we always go to connected to the bookstore." He explained. "I went up and ordered for her and told them to write 'prom?' on it."

"Oh my God, that's so cute." I gushed, turning down another hall to get to homeroom.

"I know, and she said yes and-"

"She said yes?!" I interrupted.

"Did you think she was going to say no?" He laughed, looking over to me.

"No, no, it's just-Aw, Ashton. You guys are going to have so much fun." I told him, pushing his arm.

"Thanks," He smiled, looking down to his feet for a second. "And you seem in a good mood today." He told me as we entered the near empty classroom.

"I am, actually." I replied, heading towards the back and setting our things down.

"Can I ruin it?" He raised an eyebrow at me as we sat down. He had always sat in front of me since the first day of school for the soul purpose of getting to talk to me for the whole period.

"It depends, will it actually ruin it?" I asked, glancing up at him as I pulled out my homework that I was choosing to do now instead of last night.

He shook his head, "Probably not, it's just a question," he said.

"Go ahead then." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, opening up my binder and pulling a few papers out of it.

"I heard that you and Michael Clifford were supposedly a thing now." His voice took all of my distractions away and I now only focused on what he was saying.

"A thing?" I questioned.

"Luke's party, what happened there? Apparently you guys got a, uh, little cozy."

"'Supposedly', 'apparently.'" I put the words in air quotes, completely ignoring his question. "Who'd you hear that from?" I asked.

"Kara." He replied instantly.

"Why the hell are you listening to her?" I was now lowering my voice as people started pilling into our class.

"I don't know, I didn't know if it was true or not. That's why I'm asking you." He explained.

I sighed, "Nothing happened, I promise you. We're just friends and I'm sure he already has a girlfriend." I told him.

"Ren," he said.

"Ren?"

"Ren Marshall. That's Michael's girlfriend." Ashton replied, making me shake my head.

"How did you know that?" I asked, laughing a bit.

"Calum told me, but technically she's his ex-girlfriend now." He informed me. He turned around for a quick second before coming back to me and lowering his voice. "Andy, you're getting in some serious stuff with those two guys."

"Luke and Michael?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him, unsure of his actual thoughts of them.

"Who else?" He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at him as he continued, "I'm just worried, I guess." He confessed, shaking a hand through his hair.

"They aren't bad kids, trust me. You know I make the conscious decision to not do extremely stupid things." I leaned back into my chair, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ands, I'm just-"

"You don't know them." I interrupted, raising my eyebrows at him. He stared at me as I shook my head, "They're my friends. You don't have to interact with them." I picked up the pencil on my desk as the tardy bell rang, getting me to remember I had things to finish in the period.

"I swear, if they do anything to get you in trouble I'm going after them, alright?" His tone was serious, but we both knew Ashton could never lay a hand on anyone, especially kids that scared him a little too much.

"Alright," I laughed, trying to wave him off to get him to turn back around.

"And if they try to get in your pants it's okay to punch them." Ashton chuckled. I tilted my head at him, glaring at him while maintaining my thin smile.

"I'll let them just because I know it'll piss you off." I joked.

He scoffed, "I'm serious."

"Alright, alright, I won't." I said just as Ashton turned his back to me as I went right back to my homework.

-

A/N:

YES AN UPDATE

landy is getting closer ((literally))

ENJOY MY TAQUITOS