Chapter 3: getting caught

Start from the beginning

    I lightly push the-already slightly ajar- door open. My blood boils at the sight before me. And I growl in my throat quietly. I have to hold myself back from attacking Russel right then and there.

     The bed blanket is half on the bed and half on the floor. Part of the blanket covers Russel who is asleep in just his shorts. No shirt whatsoever. And Boo is laying in his arms wearing just a long shirt. The shirt has ridden up a bit and the hem now lies just under her chest. I swear to god that they better have done nothing more than sleep. Or I was going to have to murder Russel where he stood...or rather, laid.

     I start for Russel but then stop. What am I thinking? Sure, I love Boo. She's like my daughter. But she's a grown woman now. And Russel was her husband to be. So what if they stayed in the same room for one night? They were going to be married. Sighing, I walk back out of the room and close the door softly behind me. I'll interrogate them later. For now, I'll let them sleep. For now.

Russel POV***

    I inhale deeply and exhale deeper before opening my eyes. Oh, god. Boo is right there in my arms. And her night shirt musthave shifted aorund while we were sleeping. Because the hem of it was just under her chest. Flashing me her torso and black underwear. Groaning, I try to ignore the feeling I have in my southern region and wiggle closer to Boo. She looks so pretty. Even when she's sleeping. Her hair is pooling around her head in soft waves. Her mouth is slightly ajar as she breathes. She mumbles a bit in her sleep. It's so serene and peaceful. Until...

    "AAAAHHHH!" Boo screams loudly. She bolts upright in bed and looks around frantically. Quickly, I sit up and wrap my arms around her, "Boo! Boo it's okay! It's okay! It was just a dream." She breathes heavily and pants. Finally, she sighs and hugs me closely, "Waternoose was there." She whispers. My blood freezes. God, I hate that guy. Waternoose had plagued Boo's dreams for a while now. It's been a good three months since the last time Boo had a nightmare with Waternoose, but I guess the streak couldn't last too long. I kiss her neck softly, "What did he do? What happened?" Boo sniffs as though she's going to cry, "He was at our wedding. He murdered you then came for me." I nod, "It's okay Boo. He's stuck in the farthest reaches of space remember? And if he ever tries to return, I won't hesitate to kill him."

     Boo nods and I kiss her cheek before I pull away. She's let out a few tears. They run down her face at a rather slow pace. I lean close and kiss her tears. Effectively removing them from her face. "No crying. Waternoose won't ever ome back Boo. I promise. I'll protect you." Boo smiles and nods. Before another word can be shared my door throws open and a very pissed off blue fuzzball glares at me from there.

     My heart drops and my blood near about reaches abosolute zero. I wasn't supposed to sleep with Boo. I wasn't even allowed in the same room with her after nine. Sully was going to kill me! He steps in and closes the door behind him with a bang. Boo stands up and pulls her nightie down to it's correct position, "Kitty! Kitty I'm sorry! I just sort of fell asleep in here. I swear that was all we did! We just slept!"

     Sully looks her over to see for lies. Finally he says, "I can trust you right Boo?" She nods, "So if you say all you did was sleep, I can believe you?" Boo nods, "Yes Kitty! Yes!" He sighs,"Alright then. Come here silly." He holds out his arms. Boo giggles and smiles as she runs into his fuzzy body and hugs him tight. Sully chuckles, "Hey there Kid. I missed ya." He rufffles her hair, "What was that scream all about?" He looks over at me and narrows his eyes. Involuntarily, I gulp.

     Boo sighs, "Nothing much. Just a bad dream. Waternoose again." Sully nods, "Forget about him sweetheart. He won't come back." Boo nods and looks back at me, "You guys want pancakes? I can make some." Sully smiles at her and nods, "That soudns good. Russel and I will be down in a minute." Boo looks uneasy. She looks back at me and I nod for her to go head downstairs.