Chapter 28

*Satvik Pov*

"How is it?" I asked, staring at her while she continued to drink the soup.

"It's nice! You made it?" she asked, looking up to which I smiled.

"I don't think it would have been a good thing to poison you with my food when you are ill. So, I asked Kirthi to make it and I just heated it." I replied, shrugging while she stared at me surprised.

"What?" I asked her frowning.

"If I had asked that question before, your answer would have been simple no. But now..." she trailed off.

"Are you complaining that I am talking too much?" I asked and took her bowl after she finished everything.

"Until when will you stay here?" she asked changing the topic.

"I think your Mom will not miss me that much if I stay three more days here." I replied leaving the room.

She is asking the same question from two days and I don't really can say that if possible I want to be here all the time, right? If only three days is possible for me to stay here and so be it.

"At least go to work. We both shouldn't miss it at a time." She suggested and moved to lie down.

I can see the tiredness covering her features and she is weak too. Why is she not taking care of herself?

"If they need me, they will call me." I mumbled and sat beside her.

"Sha!" I whispered after she closed her eyes and she made a sound gesturing me to continue.

"If you are uncomfortable with me here, let me know." I whispered, holding her hand and waited for her reply but she didn't even after a few minutes.

She must have gone to sleep! I shook my head and moved to get up, but she tightened her hold on my hand making me sit back down.

"Okay! I will stay." I mumbled the words, smiling feeling elated to which she just relaxed her hold but didn't let me go.

I opened my phone to check for messages hoping that the work will finish soon, but at the same time I don't want it to be. Because all this may come to end the moment the work finishes.

Then what? Where would I go? I can't keep on imposing myself on her making her stay in the past. She has every right to decide her future, even though I may not be a part of it. May? Is there even a single chance for me to be any part in it?

Feeling too depressed with the way my thoughts are going, I moved to lay beside her and slowly held her to which she snuggled closer.

"You should take care of yourself, Sha." I whispered, pressing my lips to her hair.

"Okay!" she whispered back and I chuckled.

"Why did you act like you were sleeping?" I asked, to which she moved a little to stare at me.

"I am just tired. My eyes are burning. So, I kept them closed." She replied and closed her eyes again.

"I will get some wet cotton for that." I said and pressed a kiss on her each eyelid.

"Later!" she whispered, not allowing me to move and hugged me tightly.

"I shouldn't feel happy, but I am glad that you have fallen sick." I said and she just shook her head, making me chuckle and we both just stayed like that not saying a single work but didn't drift off to sleep also.

"Here!" I said, moving a CD to her side in the evening when she is standing in the balcony for fresh air.

"What is this?" she asked frowning.