Chapter 27

*Anusha Pov*

"What is going on here?" I asked, looking at the event happening before my eyes.

However, no one responded except for my Mom who finally took a step back from the place she was standing and turned around to look at me.

Then she just asked, "Now, I just need to wait for a half an hour, right? So, I will just go and take the shower. I am feeling too sweaty."

I stared at her even more confused thinking why is she saying that to me, but Kirthi who is standing beside her just mumbled, "Sure! I will be here."

"I will just be back." Mom said, nodding at me and walked off, literally with a spring in her steps.

"What happened to her?" I asked entering inside the kitchen to see Kirthi closing the dish on the stove with a lid.

"What do you mean?" she asked finally turning around.

"What do I mean? I was just invited for a dinner and when I came, I just saw my mom standing inside the kitchen and cooking. To top that surprise list, I can see both of you doing it together." I replied and she chuckled walking near to me before giving me a hug.

"All because of your Satvik." She said, shrugging and stepped back.

"Not mine! But what did he do now?" I asked her frowning.

"Well, he gave leave to the cook without anyone's permission and no one knew until he served breakfast again to all of us yesterday." She explained and I groaned.

"Where is he getting time to do all this?" I mumbled shaking my head.

"Anyway, Aunty realized either we should get a new cook which is a very difficult job as she already went through it a few years back or someone else should cook. She didn't want to ask me to do that as she still feels I am an outsider, but she is fine with taking my help." She explained in detail.

"And she just cooked the dinner?" I asked, thinking how can she when she just started yesterday.

"She knows how to cook, but just never thought of doing it much. Anyway, now she is also talking to me properly." Kirthi replied smiling.

"I am so happy for you." I said, smiling back to which she chuckled.

"Yeah? Then go and thank your Satvik." To her words I let the smile slip from my face.

"Done?" we heard a harsh voice and turned to see Bhai standing near the door, throwing daggers through his eyes at Kirthi to which Kirthi just laughed.

"Half an hour!" she replied and he just huffed before walking away.

"You both fought?" I asked her frowning.

"No! I just didn't accept his idea." She replied vaguely.

I raised my eyebrow at her answer and she finally sighed before dragging me to the dining area and we both sat down.

"From the time we are here that is these last two months, we are staying you know in separate rooms and it finally ticked him off. He asked me to marry him and..." I cut her off throwing my arms around her.

"I am so happy." I said grinning.

"Why? He already asked me a few times before. Anyway, I said I will not marry him." She continued and I gasped.

"What? But why?" I asked not at all understanding her answer.

"Well, because I don't want another situation like the one that happened in your life. I want your parents to completely accept me before I marry your brother." She replied and I sat back feeling shock.