Chapter 24

*Anusha Pov*

"No!" I whispered to myself sitting up on the bed realizing no matter what these thoughts will not leave my head.

What happened to me yesterday? I asked myself for the millionth time but still don't have any answer for it.

I gave him my answer and he accepted it too, then why am I still thinking about it? I groaned picking out the phone from the bedside table.

I need to talk to someone and I just have a right person for it who will not even judge me. However, when she didn't even pick up, I placed the phone back in its place.

What happened to Kirthi now? Is she already asleep this soon? I shook my head and leaned back to the bed hoping she will call me back.

Somehow remembering I have work to do, I laid down and drifted off into sleep. But then the memories returned and I ended up ignoring them before letting the sleep consume me even though partially.

"Mom?" I asked, frowning, looking at the time.

Why is she calling me this early? I thought, frowning and waited for her to reply. I know I am already late to reach work which is a surprise when I am actually living one floor above the workplace.

"Anusha! What is happening at our home?" she asked, to which I chuckled.

"Mom! I didn't meet you guys for the past so many days. How would I know?" I asked back.

"How much should we bear because of our children? This person... this person is in our home." she asked and this time I frowned.

What is she talking about? I asked myself and then smiled. Is it the reason for Kirthi to not lift my call? Bhai and she got together? Did he take her to our home?

"I want you to be here right now." She ordered which I didn't mind as I already decided to go there and celebrate with Bhai and Kirthi.

"I will be there." I said, hanging up and rushed out of the flat before reaching the elevator.

"Jay! I am taking a leave today." I informed after reaching his cabin.

"You too?" he asked, looking at me.

"What?" I asked him back.

"Even Satvik said he is taking a leave today." He explained and I gave a small nod before turning back to leave.

Why did he? Maybe he is also feeling awkward after yesterday's events. I shook my head not wishing to dwell into this topic when I have a happy news before me.

Somehow I was able to reach my parent's house within half an hour and rushed inside only to see Dad and Mom standing in the living room with irritated expressions.

"Where is..." I couldn't finish my words remembering how they do not know that I know about Kirthi.

"You know about this?" Mom asked and seems like I couldn't keep my happy expression away from my face.

"Yes!" I replied and opened my mouth again to defend Kirthi but she again cut me off.

"You are happy about this?" she asked in a shocked tone.

"Yes, Mom! This is the best thing and I need to meet..." I trailed off searching for Bhai and Kirthi.

"We should have known that you are also behind this. And the person you are searching for is in the guest room in your floor." Dad said with disgust.

"Already settling in a room? But why guest room? A couple can live in a room, right? Okay! I will just go and meet them." I said and took a step forward.