Chapter 18

*Ansh Pov*

"We will reach the hospital soon." The nurse assured me, but I stared at my lifeless sister lying on the stretcher.

But then she started moving her hand, making me grip it tightly and she finally opened her eyes before staring at me.

"Bhai! I... I don't want to see him again." She whispered and gasped in pain when the first aid is still being given to her.

"Yes! Just hold on to it, Anu." I mumbled nodding at her.

"He... he asked me to leave, Bhai. After all these months..." she trailed off closing her eyes.

"I need one more help, Bhai." She whispered opening her eyes.

"What is it?" I asked brushing my tears away.

"I don't want any relationship with him anymore. I know him! And I know... he... he will come and apologize... and I may forgive him. But... but I don't want to. Please get the... the divorce papers we signed continue." She pleaded.

"Anu! Please think about yourself and leave all that. I will take care of everything." I promised her and she slowly nodded, but then drifted off making me panic.

"We reached, Sir." The same nurse assured me but I ignored everything except the pain, anger and guilt. All three are passing through in such a fast pace that I know I will do anything to make sure she is safe even to make sure her wishes are fulfilled.

I talked to the person who caught Laksh and asked him for the last help after she was taken into operation theater and he assured me that no one will know about her whereabouts unless I wish to.

So, he even talked to the hospital, but I made another call to Laksh lawyers and talked to them showing as much influence as I can for which I again took the official help. There was not much more to do so it happened easily. Now, her both wishes are fulfilled. With that thought I slumped in the chair holding my face trying to control the feel of crying out loud.

*Satvik Pov*

I knelt there for a second before turning around and to stand up but fell back. I still tried again and again, but couldn't stand back.

Finally I was able to stand up when someone held my shoulders and gave me support. I heard them saying my name but I pushed the hands away before running from that place.

"Mr. Satvik! He has been caught by higher officials." Someone else informed but I ignored everything and reached my car.

Unlocking the door using the key button, I got into it but my hands shivered when I placed the key near the key hole.

"Please!" I whispered to myself for some strength and gripped the key tightly before pressing it inside.

"Sha!" I whispered, closing my eyes and opened them before starting the car and drove off.

I couldn't hear the ambulance siren but I know a few hospitals near so I drove towards them ignoring everything around me.

I heard my phone ringing and threw it away before reaching the first hospital. I rushed inside and asked about any patient that got the bullet wound.

"No, Sir! There is no such patient." They informed making me turn around and I again got into the car before driving more and reached the next one.

"Where... where did they take her?" I asked myself when I reached ten kilometres from home and covered all the hospitals.

"Sha! Please be fine, Sha. I can't... can't bear it if something happens to you. You can hit me and be mad at me but please be fine." I shouted still standing outside the hospital.