Chapter 42

Flashbacks are italicized 

Daniel

As Lance held Mackenzie she kissed him. I could see Logan getting upset and I could feel my tears starting to form. They separate and just stare at each other as if there was no one else in the room. I could feel my hands balling into fists "I'm gonna go Logan." I say through my teeth. I see Mackenzie turn towards me and hop out of Lance's arms. I reach for the door handle, but she grabs my arm. I try and look anywhere, but her.

"Dani, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Mackenzie, I'm fine."

"No you're not. What up?"

"Nothing, just leave me alone."

"Daniel..." I hear Mackenzie say before I close the door. I order an Uber and head back home.

Mackenzie

I don't love him...

Logan

I glare at Lance as Mackenzie was still at the door. I walk up to him and pull him into the kitchen "Bro what the fxck?"

"What?"

"Why the hell did you just kiss her?"

"She kissed me."

"Then why did you kiss back? Mackenzie's feeling are already fxcked up and she doesn't need you messing with them anymore."

"I'm getting my girlfriend back."

"She's not your girlfriend, Lance."

"Yes she is."

"Listen. I know what you did. Stephanie knows, Jake knows, Chance and Anthony know, the only person that doesn't is Mackenzie. I'm not letting you hurt her again."

"You know why I had to! I didn't want us to end like that, but-"

"But nothing. Stop trying."

"No one's going to stop me. That Grayson dude isn't in the way anymore and neither is Daniel."

"Dude she doesn't even remember anything. I don't think you want her memory to come back while you two are 'dating'."

"Wait, she lost her memory?"

"Shh!"

"She doesn't know?"

"No! And it's going to stay like that."

I don't know what?" Mackenzie says coming around the corner. Her arms were crossed and she was leaning on one hip.

"You don't know...what your room looks like! Come on, you're gonna love it." I glare at Lance one more time before wrapping an arm around Mackenzie and leading her to her room.

Mackenzie

I can tell when my brother is lying. What were they actually talking about? Logan shows me a room that was a dark blue. There was a balcony on one end of the room and a bathroom on the other.

 There was a balcony on one end of the room and a bathroom on the other