Chapter 23

The insane doctor looked at them with bloodshot eyes and a grin that could make a baby cry. He looked full on mad. He inserted a syringe in his arm labeled 'adrenaline' and cackled once more.

"And who says that we are staying?" Noah spat.

"Me of course you dumb blonds." He laughed with more enthusiasm.

"Excuse me?" Lauren asked.

"You heard me! You are foolish if you think that you can escape from me!"

"Watch us." Lauren replied, simply.

"But think of what could happen. Ever not been bothered to not do anything? Well, now you can live out your laziness to the full."

"Can't you see we want to live? We want struggles we want the joyous feeling of accomplishing something that was difficult." Noah replied, frustrated.

"Well, you don't have a choice." The doctor chuckled, pulling out a large gun. Noah emitted a silent scream and placed his hand on his heart.

"Stop!" Lauren called.

"No thank you." The insane doctor replied covering his face with a white cloth and pulling the trigger. Instead of a bang, there was a spray of white mist coming. The crazy doctor ran away in panic. Lauren coughed, placing her hand on her throat. Her face went scarlet. Noah fell to his knees.

"Knock-out gas!" He wheezed.

Darkness.

~~~~~

Noah dreamed whilst he was unconscious. He was looking into Lauren's eyes. He realized that they were not bright green but instead there were sparks of gold, droplets of blue and borders of forest-green ringing around the irises. He was transfixed with her.

He tried to touch her cheek but just as he was about to, she evaporated into white mist. Then he was falling into a black limbo of nothing. He landed in silence. He felt his bones fracture and his skull smashing. He let out a noise between a yelp and a whimper. Where was he?

This felt, to him, more realistic than a dream. A dull ache rippled though his body like waves. Noah was quadriplegic. He could neither move his arms or his legs. He felt like a stone was wedged in his throat and immediately began to feel hot. The feeling then progressed to a burning sensation. The silence was making his ears ring. All he could see was black. Wherever he was, it smelt like a hospital.

He was scared. His body was shaking in fear but he couldn't do anything.

He then felt warm liquid trickling down his arm. It was similar to a shower only it was a lot slower. He was hyperventilating. His gasps of air were getting more and more shallow and desperate as the air thickened around him until he just stopped breathing altogether.

~~~~~

Noah woke up and still felt the same feeling in his dream only this time- it was stronger. And even worse? It was repeating itself. The only positive is that he could make a noise.

"La-Juan." He moaned, trying to say 'Lauren', struggling to move but failing, miserably. His eyesight slowly improved and he saw that he was still in that godforsaken hospital.

He kept on trying to move. He realized it must be the gas. He never liked morphine, but this was hell. He had only been dosed with a weak version of the drug but with this concentrated version, he wondered why he wasn't dead yet.

Noah felt a hand touching his shoulder.

"Noah, you have to try and move." Noah recognized the voice as Lauren's. He smiled in relief. With difficulty, Noah managed to turn his head so he could look at her.

"Is...that enough." He panted.

"I guess." Lauren shrugged.

"We have to escape. The doctor will lock us in here and force us to sleep to our deaths!"

"But I'm so tired!" Noah whined.

"You have to try, for me, Noah." Lauren looked distraught. Noah nodded and tried to sit up. He fell back down a couple of times but eventually made it. His spine made an unpleasant cracking noise.

Noah looked down at his arm. There was a needle in his skin, covered with a bandage; hooked up to many machines. It was a cannula.

"Just pull it out." Lauren said, nonchalantly.

"Ouch!" Noah exclaimed as the needle scratched his arm. There wasn't even supposed to be a needle so the doctor must have been an inexperienced one.

_____

The couple raced around the hospital, desperately trying to escape. The white walls seemed identical and endless.

They finally reached a door labeled:

'Fire Exit'

"I don't get it." Said Noah. "Does 'fire' escape there?"

"It says 'Exit' so move!" Lauren demanded. They pushed the bar labeled:

'Push'

and eventually they were out.

_____

They escaped! Only three more houses to go before they are free.

The club music here is so loud that my head is palpitating as are my drinks.

I may not update as often but I will try to do it as much as possible. It will definitely be less than a week.

I've obtained 60% in my math(s) tests on average, give or take. WOW! I'm so going to be a maths genius when I'm older! (Denial).

Well at least I have you guys right.

*Silence*

*Crickets start chirping.*

Okay :(

Hoot!

Toot!