13. Wrapped Around Your Finger

We soon walked to the boys' house and Soda took me to the bathroom to clean my wounds.

"Are y-you okay, Soda?" I asked as he lifted me up on the counter. Looking down, he sighed.

"I should be asking you that." He replied looking up at me.

"I-I already said that I'm f-fine." I stuttered recalling what had just happened.

"You sure? I know you didn't seem too shaken up at the lot, that's for sure. I would've thought you'd react differently towards your first jumping." He said putting a hand on mine.

"...I feel like I kind of just p-processed what happened to m-me. I-I didn't realize it while you were talking to me in the lot because I felt s-safe with you." I explained.

"I can't believe I couldn't protect you!" He cried frustrated.

"S-Soda it's fine..." I muttered putting an arm on his bicep.

"No it's not!" He exclaimed angry as he paced around the room.

"P-Please stop, Soda you're s-scaring me." I said softly.

"Baby I'm so sorry." He said walking over to me and hugging me.

"Soda, I-I'm in pain can you please f-fix me up?" I asked chuckling.

"Oh y-yeah, sorry about that." He replied letting go of me and walking to the first aid drawer.

"Tell me how you really feel about this. I know all the guys are wondering how you kept your cool." He said.

"Well I-I was scared. But as soon as y-you and the gang came I-I felt like I was in good h-hands. But now that I'm actually t-thinking about it I," I paused as Soda looked at me.

"I can't b-believe that happened." I said starting as tears clouded my eyes.

"Soda what if they-"

"Stop, don't think about that." He said bringing me into a hug again.

"They were going to though, weren't they?" I asked remembering what they did to me. That only made me cry harder.

"Soda?" I asked as he didn't respond. I looked up to see tears clouding his eyes.

"I can't do this." He said walking out.

"S-Soda wait!" I exclaimed.

"Why did he l-leave me?" I asked sobbing.

Soon enough, Darry came running in the room.

"Hey, hey sweetheart don't cry." He said hugging me.

"Darry, why did they do this to me?" I asked.

"I don't know bud, I really don't know." He replied rubbing my back.

"Stop crying." I muttered to myself, trying to calm down.

"Listen, I know it's hard but you need to calm down. You'll get sick." He said looking at me. I nodded my head and tried calming down as he picked the first-aid stuff that Soda had accidentally dropped on the ground while running out.

"This is gonna sting." He said putting the stuff on the counter.

"S-Soda." I muttered as there was a knock at the door. The door opened unveiling Two-Bit.

"Wh-What's up Two-Bit?" I asked as Darry dabbed my wound with alcohol.

"Just wanted to tell Darry that Soda ran out!" He exclaimed laughing. Darry stopped what he was doing to look at him.