Young!Muzu x Reader - Past, present, and future

Start from the beginning

Your feet were too small for the boots you were wearing, so you tripped on the carpet constantly. Plus, you were more like running down the rows eagerly. Yet, people wondered why your knees had bruises and scrapes on them.

Just then, you heard the large door open, and you looked up. Your eyes lit up at the sight of a nervous and confused Zora. "Perfect! Can you help me just for a moment?" You asked hopefully.

"Well, I mean-"

You grabbed the Zora's arm and smiled happily in his face. Your noses barely touched as your doe eyes met his shocked, wide ones. "Great! I need you to find these for me!" You interrupted cheerfully. You handed him a list of books, and you began your own search for something.

"Uh," your new companion started as he began his search. "I'm Muzu."

You smiled brightly from the other side of the bookshelf. "And I am (Name)!" You replied.

"So, when did you arrive in the Domain? It must've been recently, right?" He wondered as he pulled a book from the shelf and stuck it under his arm.

You picked up a small book and went through it quickly. "Two nights ago. The prince allowed me to stay and do my research here! He's very generous."

"What do you research?" Muzu asked curiously.

You went dead silent, and you were no longer moving at the speed of light. You looked down at your boots quietly, and Muzu thought he must've said something wrong. He was about to apologize when you slammed the book shut and shoved it back into the shelf. Muzu jumped in surprise as you appeared beside him. You stuck your face in his again, and he cautiously took a step back.

"What am I researching?" You repeated as a small spark lit in your eyes. You grinned from ear to ear while grabbing his arm. "I thought you'd never ask! Follow me!"

The two of you sprinted through the halls of the palace, bumping into guards, guests, and even Dorephan who gave his friend another wink.

Muzu didn't need to talk to you to know what kind of person you were. Your dusty lab coat showed that you were a hard worker, and your hair sticking out from all angles showed that you stayed up all night working. Your boots showed that you didn't really care what you wore, and your constant tripping over nothing told him that you were a bit of a clutz. A very adorable clutz.

Suddenly, you stopped in front of a small door which you pushed open excitedly. Tacked to every inch of the wall was different kinds of paper. They had neat yet scribbled handwriting from top to bottom. And they were also covering the bed, desk, and part of the floor. Everywhere else were various book open and closed. Some had paper sticking out of them while others had tiny notes in the margins. On your cluttered desk was a stack of journals with one opened in the center. It was all your handwriting. Everything that wasn't a published book in this room was done by you. Very impressive.

You turned to Muzu with open arms. "Welcome to my lab!"

Muzu looked around in awe, then he picked up a random paper on your bed. "You set all of this up in just two nights?" He asked, and you nodded in response. Then, he looked down at the title of the paper. "'Zora Evolution'?'"

"Yes!" You answered a little too quickly. "See, a long time ago - like a really long time ago - there were Zoras, but not Zoras like you!" You began to ramble quickly as you paced the room searching for a specific journal. "They were more... ugly, I guess. Though that's not really a scientific study, that's more of an opinion... Anyway! The world flooded and became a huge ocean! The Zora evolved into a variation of Rito to fly over the seas! The Rito were more humans with wings and beaks, now that I think of it..." you suddenly pulled a notebook from the mountain of papers and flipped to a certain page; holding it in Muzu's face. "See? Very peculiar!" On the page was a sketch of what Zoras and Ritos looked like before.